whats a good 200 rear combo?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donnelly317

Reaction score
Im gonna need new rear tire soon.. did some measurements I have a 170 on there now and had 19mm till the chains so im gonna go with 200-210 tire buddy said even if it rubs chain slightly its not gonna matter.. I have a kosman 18x6 rim and a stock 18 in front which I plan on throwing a 110/80-18 on.. I was wondering if there's a good combo for that.. im still nervous when I take the gf for a ride that the extra weight will make the rear tire wack my CBR tail light if anyone wants some pictures I can take some in the am.. thanks!

Pictures and specifics of your setup would help.
I just bought the Carrozzeria wheelset from Sean, 18"x3.5" front rim and 18"x5.5" rear rim which I'm going to try Shinko Verge 011 tires in 120/70-18 front and 200/55-18 rear. Sean also recommends the Metzler tires.

Well can't upload picture at the moment but will in the morning. I have a mad max swing are and progressive rear shocks don't remember number off the top of my head.. ill upload pics in the AM

Pictures and specifics of your setup would help.
I just bought the Carrozzeria wheelset from Sean, 18"x3.5" front rim and 18"x5.5" rear rim which I'm going to try Shinko Verge 011 tires in 120/70-18 front and 200/55-18 rear. Sean also recommends the Metzler tires.

Dont expect any good mileage out of the verge's Brian
Ya They are sticky and inexpensive, but they don't last long.

Garrett loves them, but i wouldn't buy them again. I went with bridgestones this year, see how they hold up for me.

Can't go wrong with a metzler (imo)
I just couldn't find a 200/50 or thats what i would have went with

Garrett loves them, but i wouldn't buy them again. I went with bridgestones this year, see how they hold up for me.

I hope they last at least to August so I can can get my confidence up on the handling side of things. I'll look forward to what your results are with the Bridgestone, what model/ size are you running?

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=230777481529&siteId=0&isClassified=false

I've found them all over.. I found a dunlop too I thinking about that seeing how dunlop motorcycle tires are made local.. ill upload pictures when I get to work
You can save some money on this tire here: http://www.bikebandit.com/metzeler-me-880-marathon-motorcycle-tire

heres pictures of my rear. I have progressive 412 on the rear shocks. i found Metzeler ME880 makes a 210/40-18 and a 110/80-18 they would be matching which would be awesome! the front tire would be .3in bigger than rear how would this effect my handling??? like i said i have 19mm to the chain with a 170 rear tire on so if it was 210 the edge will probably rub a hair but should effect anything :biglaugh:

New Image 1.jpg

New Image.jpg

i do still like them. i got 4k ish miles out of my rear? 6-7 on my front so far. i could understand the dislike though. for me its worth it.

i'm trying the 'advance' next we'll see if they offer better mileage.

I hope they last at least to August so I can can get my confidence up on the handling side of things. I'll look forward to what your results are with the Bridgestone, what model/ size are you running?

I went with the bridgestone battlax 110/80/18 & 200/50/17
keep you posted with the results

i do still like them. i got 4k ish miles out of my rear? 6-7 on my front so far. i could understand the dislike though. for me its worth it.

i'm trying the 'advance' next we'll see if they offer better mileage.

I barely got 4k out of the rear, and thats with just one or two little rolling burnouts :biglaugh:

Metzlers always lasted a good 5-6k, thats what i'm hoping to get out of these battlax's.

let me know how the advance tire lasts for you

Metzler Z6 interact are pretty good so far. I find them pretty sticky even on the wet.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Back