whats the answer on using Mobile 1 (car) oil in a VMAX

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Falaholic

Reaction score
I know, use Rotella, and be done with it.
Although I'm curious, what is the answer on using Mobile 1, fully syn, car oil in a Vmax? There is no mention on the bottle of it being for high efficiency vehicles.

Figured I'd ask because I have gallons of the stuff lying around.

Trash it. Worthless stuff. Ship it all to me, and I'll be sure it gets disposed of properly.:biglaugh:

It, Mobil 1, was in my bike when I bought it. Like Sean mentioned, the clutch will slip. At 12k miles I had to ditch the fibers and clean the steels up, getting as much of the Mobil 1 out as I could. 40k miles later, all on Rotella, I've had a clutch that doesn't slip. I didn't try the DD with synthetic oil, but I'd be interested in if anyone else has? I do believe synthetic is superior lubrication in theory. But lubrication isn't the only fucntion of oil.

It, Mobil 1, was in my bike when I bought it. Like Sean mentioned, the clutch will slip. At 12k miles I had to ditch the fibers and clean the steels up, getting as much of the Mobil 1 out as I could. 40k miles later, all on Rotella, I've had a clutch that doesn't slip. I didn't try the DD with synthetic oil, but I'd be interested in if anyone else has? I do believe synthetic is superior lubrication in theory. But lubrication isn't the only fucntion of oil.

I tried Amsoil 10-40 synthetic motorcycle oil with the DD mod, and didnt like it. It seemed to be harder to go into gear....and just felt "weird" for lack of a better term, I know that is a purely subjective answer....but thats the best way I can describe it. Went back to rotella...no issues.

I use Rotella in everything from the weedeaters on up, except for the Lexus which calls for the synth in a wt I have not seen Rotella offered in.

Once used Mobil 1 V-Twin motorcycle oil in both my XJ750RL and 06 Vmax. Both exhibited starter clutch not engaging symptoms after only a half dozen start-stops.
Went back to good old dino oil with Castrol Grand Prix Motorcycle Oil 20w50.

I uses to get Rotella free from the Marina I worked at. I had so much I was changing at 1k, which is overkill. I'll bet 5k wouldn't be a problem, but I never go that long. I like to see clean oil in the window. But I'm a crazy fanatic when it comes to the Mistress and mechanical stuff. When I found this great forum it verified what I thought. It's slick stuff. Lots of zinc for diesel gear trains. Like Tomahawk mentioned, shifting is exceptional with Rotella.
Steve-o

Latest posts

Back