What's the difference between CA & Non-CA carbs?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dannymax

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really don't see any difference except the brass spigot (similar to a sync spigot) that comes out of the throat of #2 carb and goes, I believe, to some sort of canister.

I think there is a difference in main jet sizes on CA Ventures, but I'm not sure if this is true with the V Max.

Are there any internal differences? Can the CA carbs be used on a Non-CA engine by simply removing the rubber hose and plugging that spigot on #2?

Yep, that's the only difference. I've seen some US49 bikes with that little spigot on it too.

I really don't see any difference except the brass spigot (similar to a sync spigot) that comes out of the throat of #2 carb and goes, I believe, to some sort of canister.

I think there is a difference in main jet sizes on CA Ventures, but I'm not sure if this is true with the V Max.

Are there any internal differences? Can the CA carbs be used on a Non-CA engine by simply removing the rubber hose and plugging that spigot on #2?
I have Cal carbs on my non Cal, Pinnwall motor.Had to take off that (fuel vapor return canister)and hose.Left the vent open on the left front carb.set the pilot screws at 2 1/2 turns out.Never had a problem:biglaugh:

I have Cal carbs on my non Cal, Pinnwall motor.Had to take off that (fuel vapor return canister)and hose.Left the vent open on the left front carb.set the pilot screws at 2 1/2 turns out.Never had a problem:biglaugh:

No kidding Rusty!....I thought it would pull vacum through the brass spigot. That's good to know, I won't even need a cap!

Thanks! :worthy:

Back