What's this worth?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it needs an engine I wouldn't give more than $800-$1000 myself......................Tom.

Probably has a carb / ignition / wiring issue . I've heard of many going over 120K with no major issues.

Windshield, aftermarket shocks, Supertrapps, who knows what all else? If it runs, I'd think $1500-2000 w/that mileage. Non-runner, not crashed: $700-1100; throw another engine in it for $750-1000 or just buy a newer lower miles bike for close to the same.

I would offer him $1500 (if running, $1000 if not) and use this as a good place for one of Sean Morley's 1500cc monster engines, along with a bunch of other goodies. That way, I can have my Tour-Max and my balls-to-the-walls beast V-Max.

120 K miles is a lot on any bike but this one looks really clean. The "spins but wont run" comment is a little confusing. Maybe dropped a valve ? I'd drop a G note on it in a heartbeat. How could you lose if it's clean as it looks ? It's only two hours from me :)

Chris.

120 K miles is a lot on any bike but this one looks really clean. The "spins but wont run" comment is a little confusing. Maybe dropped a valve ? I'd drop a G note on it in a heartbeat. How could you lose if it's clean as it looks ? It's only two hours from me :)

Chris.

Not on any bike a goldwing is just getting broke in. I have seen more than 1 with 400 k on it and have had a couple of my own with almost 200,000 on them that still ran like new when I sold them.

Kyle, can you wave the Magic Wrench over my VMax to get 200,000 miles out of it, please? I surely would appreciate it...:worthy:

Not on any bike a goldwing is just getting broke in. I have seen more than 1 with 400 k on it and have had a couple of my own with almost 200,000 on them that still ran like new when I sold them.

Probably just smoking bad from worn rings.
Looks clean enough to save her. I'd be all over for $1k.
$1.5k is too high.

$1k at the most in my opinion. The bulk of the value is in the engine. I have an 89 that is an EXCELLENT running bike that i'd sell for less (or more) depending on what condition you wanted it in.

$1k at the most in my opinion. The bulk of the value is in the engine. I have an 89 that is an EXCELLENT running bike that i'd sell for less (or more) depending on what condition you wanted it in.

What's the details on the 89?

Still curious about this 97 though.

I also saw a 06 being advertised with a 1300 motor that you build on Craigslist. You know that bike?

You HAVE to consider it a parts bike, I'd say 1000 tops, and that's if it looks as good in person as it does in the ad. :punk:

If I had to choose between a good looking bike with mechanical problems and a mechanically good bike with cosmetic issues I would take the good runner any day. Cosmetics are much easier and more fun to fix. Plus that way you get to make the bike look how you want. I would give Sean a call if I were you.

Back