Wheelie bars on the drag bike

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hubeerjw

Reaction score
For anyone who has used wheelie bars on a bike, what do I need to do as far as setup, things to check, what to look for, how to launch, etc....

I wasn't going to use them this weekend, but I'm now starting to think about it. I have them mounted to my struts at the bottom and the frame at the top. It is a Pingle abr and I can get pics mounted if needed. I have heard to set them about an inch from the bottom of the wheels (on the wheelie bars) to the surface of the track. I'm not going to launch the bike real hard, but since it is slammed so much, I don't want to run the risk of lifting the front end and slamming it against the track and cracking my oil pan. I also want this motor/trans to last a while so I'm going to try to be as easy on it as I can. I also don't know how much that Shinko 190 tire will hold.

Please let me know if anyone has any hints, lessons learned, or "what to do, or what not to do".

Thanks,

Jeff

We typically set the bars with a 2x4. Just touching it. This allows some suspension unloading from the front to shift the weight back.

Sean

Latest posts

Back