Wheelie poll: Who has brought the front end up?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Have you ever brought the front end up (wheelie) on a V-Max?

• Yes

Votes: 106 79.1%
  • No

Votes: 28 20.9%

• Total voters

Shuriken

Reaction score
Who has brought the front end up (wheelie) for any reason, intentional or unintentional, on a V-Max?

Does riding it into 4th gear count? The real question is how many times has it come crashing down since sometimes you have to let off a bit early and not power it down.

Sean

Yep, wheelies are exciting! I mostly do power wheelies, so mostly in second gear. I don't try to intentionally do wheelies, but back in the day when I was young and flexible I did them on my dt250 and yz250. But that was on dirt and with much lighter bikes. I don't really want a 600lb bike on top of me! :biglaugh:

Yeah, I`ve done it a couple of times, Mostly when pulling on to the freeway on ramp.:biglaugh:
That 2nd gear thrill ride is when I fall in love with my bike all over again
I`ve even done it once with pulling on to the freeway getting past a rude truck driver going from 3rd into 4th and that was scary and exciting and the first time that I really dropped the hammer with the bike.:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:
<<Dave>>

Just twice. Both unintentional. One with a passenger (that was the big one). :biglaugh: Most of the time I can't get enough hook to bring it up, tire just breaks loose and roasts.:confused2:

Does riding it into 4th gear count? The real question is how many times has it come crashing down since sometimes you have to let off a bit early and not power it down.

Sean

LOL! Yes, I have smashed my nuts off the faux a few times from doing this. But, no matter how soft the landing my wife just HAS to headbut me. I think they all secretly learned this as some anti-wheelie technique cause my friends girl does the same to him also.:confused2:

Most of the time I can't get enough hook to bring it up, tire just breaks loose and roasts.:confused2:

I have that same problem. But when my fiancee is on the back (a whole whoppping 115 lbs makes a lot of difference!) the front end comes up like nothing. Scares me though when she's on and it happens.

I seriously think it's impossible to own/ride a Vmax and NOT pull a wheelie at some point in time. There are plenty of times that I've done it when I wasn't trying to. There have also been plenty of intentional times too.

I don't get how everyone says they can wheelie into 2nd or 3rd gear. I can't do that unless I pop the clutch.

WHEELY1.JPG

(http://www.vmaxchat.co.uk/gallery/WHEELY1.JPG)

Lets be real......... the question should have been who hasn't, it would have been a shorter thread.........lol

No I have not.....

With only 2 tires as it is I try very hard to keep them both firmly planted:confused2:

i try to stay cool & just cruise , but if i'm just cruising at about 20 mph's & twist the throttle quick , it comes up gradually & my "06" is mechanically stock !

I just realized that the rider in the pic I dug up and posted is riding a Max with slash cuts! So that Max comes up even with less than optimum pipes?

Latest posts

Back