When the Mod Monkey has your ear

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
Something to consider when the Mod Monkey yells into your ear:

Beware loud-mouthed guys: Monkeys with smaller testicles roar the loudest to make up for their shortcomings when attracting females

• Howler monkeys are among the loudest terrestrial animals on the planet
  • Males with larger throats tend to have smaller testes, study reveals
  • Attract females with their roar, while those with larger testes share mates
  • Research is the first evidence in any species of a trade-off between vocal investment and sperm production, University of Cambridge experts say
Howlers, which live in the forests of Central and South America have long interested humans - from ancient Mayans to modern primatologists - and their cries can travel as far as three miles (5km) through dense rainforest.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...est-make-shortcomings-attracting-females.html

ClickHandler.ashx

Interesting.
I've always equated young fellas with trunk-fulls of boomboxes in their cars, tooling around residential neighborhoods @130Db, as the modern day equivalent of a primal mating call.
cheers!

My monkeys been quiet and under control for a lil while now... its starting to worry me that hes up to something...

The monkey has been kind in his demands recently. Praise to you, oh depleter of funds who maketh us to sleep in the dog house and eat only baloney and ramen during the unridable days.

Back