Where Did I got Wrong ,Turn Signal Replacement)

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ga_max

Reaction score
Feeling the mod monkey on my back but having very little $ at my disposal I thought I'd replace the lollipop turn signals with smaller ones. I wanted to stick with incandescent lights to avoid the LED issues. Found some on ebay the other in the forum used (dual filament, 3 wire) and got them. Put them on the front an the worked OK, the flashed a bit faster and the flash was not very bright but they looked cool and thought I could live with them. This morning I started to work on the back ones. I figured I just wire the one of the positive and the ground and the world would be a happy place, wrong :bang head:. Obviously I'm confused about something. Do I need a single filament light for the back ? Looks like my cheap bling fix may cost a bit more.

Thanks for your help.

Doug

I ended up doing the same and have 2 of the 3 wires hooked up in back on incandescent 1157 type bulbs. Works fine.

Check the lights first. Make sure they work - you can just touch the battery terminals to verify...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did that and the work. When I plugged them in an tested then the came on but the indicator on the dash came on and stayed on and they did not flash. Put the old ones back on any the worked fine.

Try switching the wires around, you may have the running light wire connected instead of the turn signal wire.

I have smaller 3 wire incandescent signals on the back of my Max too and they work fine.
My signals didn't come with any info so I just had to test them out to see which wire did what.

Attachments

• Rear_Turn_Signals_Day_1.jpg
    Rear_Turn_Signals_Day_1.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 21
  • Rear_Turn_Signals_Night_2.jpg
    Rear_Turn_Signals_Night_2.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 23
You might find that you do have them wired correctly but they still appear not to be working.This would be that you don't have the same resistance as the oem set. You can fix it by placing load resistors to emulate the required load

Ive got mini signalswith small incandescent bulbs, and needed to add load resistors to get them to work. Run them in parallel with power wires, and you'll be fine. My signals were all single filament, so hookup was simple. However, I lost therunning light function on the front ones. No big deal. Nevervhad problems with NY State inspection..

What size resistor did you use ? And more importantly how are your eyes doing ?

I don't rember the specs of the resistors, I'm sure that info is here somewhere.. The process of the membrane or whatever it is coming loose in my left eye is proceeding just as my eye doctor said it would. Now that I know whats happening, the floaters are being ignored by my brain, and while still noticeable, are not driving me crazy any more.

I think the resistors cost about $5.00 for two. And you need two.

What size resistor did you use ? And more importantly how are your eyes doing ?
You can use 20w 4-5ohm per blinker. Use the metallic ones instead of the ceramic as they are better to disperse heat. Mount them properly to a flat metallic base

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back