Where do you get chrome buttons that insert into the hex bolts to cover them?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

red98vmax

Reaction score
I have them in various locations on the bike, like the four hex bolts in the head part of the handle bar clamp. The back rest has a number of different sized buttons covering up the bolt heads. I looked in a few hardware stores and an auto parts store and couldn't find them. They break pretty easily when pried out after they've been in for a while. Anyone have any ideas for a local source or do most buy from Yamaha using part numbers in the microfiche?

Steve

Thanks, I had seen his site a while ago and forgot that he sells the caps in addition to good stainless steel bolts. Being a strong member of VMOA is a plus too!

I searched the internet and really only found one non-Harley site to buy these caps. They are out of N. Carolina and have a wider selection of caps for cheaper money then any I've seen. I haven't dealt with them, but they've been around for a long time and seem pretty big. They also have a great selection of metric chrome bolts. I don't want anything to do with chrome in high stress areas like fasteners, but to each their own. (expensive too).
http://www.scootworks.com/test1.htm

Steve

Here's a link to a vendor that will give you %25 off if your a VMOA member!
Mike Sayer's Stainless V-max hardware

Both those links have now been added to the VMF links page! :thumbs up:

Great links guys!:clapping:

I have them in various locations on the bike, like the four hex bolts in the head part of the handle bar clamp. The back rest has a number of different sized buttons covering up the bolt heads. I looked in a few hardware stores and an auto parts store and couldn't find them. They break pretty easily when pried out after they've been in for a while. Anyone have any ideas for a local source or do most buy from Yamaha using part numbers in the microfiche?

Steve

I'll give you one guess what I say to do with them.

Steve

www.JPcycles.com is another one that I get mine at... I went black since my bike is blacked out and all...:coolgleamA:

I just ordered a bunch of those chrome caps from Ronnies mail order.

My local Harley shop had boxes of them that they said only fit SAE hex bolts. i bought an assortment of them and "made" them fit. Since they were plastic it wasn't too hard......

Rusty

Latest posts

Back