where do you like to mount your GoPro's

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EAGLEPI

Reaction score
I am going to buy a GoPro and it is my first timne with one. Is helmet mount the best or other mounts. Let me know what you think and why you thin that way.

I'm thinking if you turn your head you see what your eyes would see to so helmet is my choice so far unless I see some bad feedback about helmet mounts.

I have a few mounts for mine. I like the side mount on my helmet, it gets a part of the helmet in the shot which gives a cool perspective. I also have one on the top of my helmet when I want that view. I've also mounted to my Handlebar and rear turn signal (gets some neat burn out shots). I've been wanting to try and mount it towards my shifting foot to give it a cool perspective too but haven't looked into it yet.

Just to warn you. Buying the camera is just the beginning. The amount of extra stuff available is unreal.

I have a few mounts for mine. I like the side mount on my helmet, it gets a part of the helmet in the shot which gives a cool perspective. I also have one on the top of my helmet when I want that view. I've also mounted to my Handlebar and rear turn signal (gets some neat burn out shots). I've been wanting to try and mount it towards my shifting foot to give it a cool perspective too but haven't looked into it yet.

Just to warn you. Buying the camera is just the beginning. The amount of extra stuff available is unreal.
What more than the mounts? I have all kinds of video editing software. Please tell me why you said it was just the beginning, I appreciate the advice but I need to understand what you mean by your statement?

Thanks
Ron

The amount of other accessories available is unreal. From remotes, housings, handles, and floaty backs just to name a few. Also if you are planning on shooting for longer then an hour or so make sure extra batteries are on your list.

The amount of other accessories available is unreal. From remotes, housings, handles, and floaty backs just to name a few. Also if you are planning on shooting for longer then an hour or so make sure extra batteries are on your list.

Yeah I thought about that too, there are some package deals with all kinds of mounting hardware not sure how the quality is but the price wasn't too bad.

I bought a handlebar mount for my GoPro and mounted it down on the factory crashbars facing forward. Took it to the dragstrip and shot a couple runs and recorded a commute to work. Pretty cool perspective as you can see the forks turn and compress.

Later, Doug

I bought a handlebar mount for my GoPro and mounted it down on the factory crashbars facing forward. Took it to the dragstrip and shot a couple runs and recorded a commute to work. Pretty cool perspective as you can see the forks turn and compress.

Later, Doug
Hi Doug, was there a pic or video that was part of the post? I don't see anything , a link, a pic or video???

Ron

I already have a new camcorder if I wanted to mount it that way. I am most likely going with GoPro 4

It has a much smaller wind profile than the gopros and mount up close to the helmet. I understand the gopros are the standard and the Sena product have a little work to do but they have some fresh designs and products along with their great intercoms. I may try the session this summer.

Chest mount works best for minimum wind noise. My favorite thing is the control app for my android phone. Clamped in a handlebar mount, lets me monitor the view and control the camera on the fly.

I picked up a Monster Digital Action cam. Love it. It uses almost the same amount of accessories as the gopro. I have mine mounted on the handle bars and on my helmet in the mouth/chin spot. Here is a pic of the mouth mount. I have used it around town. But not on anything long. I have a trip here in a few weeks that I will test out. Picked up 2 more battery's as well.

https://monsterdigital.com/collections/sports-action-camera

on the crashbar. Though if you want to avoid occasional jitters its worth using a bit of rubber between the mount and the bar. Realised i had forgotten to do that this time but only when it was too late. First eight minutes are slow on this vid, but you can see vibration effects when the speed is up around 100mph plus

https://youtu.be/7bclkiJBL_0

Thanks for the suggestions, I am thinking I will mount one on the handlebar and one on the helmet ( to get the point of view video )

Later, Doug

Hi Doug, was there a pic or video that was part of the post? I don't see anything , a link, a pic or video???

Ron

You can post videos on the forum here.

I picked up a Monster Digital Action cam. Love it. It uses almost the same amount of accessories as the gopro. I have mine mounted on the handle bars and on my helmet in the mouth/chin spot. Here is a pic of the mouth mount. I have used it around town. But not on anything long. I have a trip here in a few weeks that I will test out. Picked up 2 more battery's as well.

https://monsterdigital.com/collections/sports-action-camera

Which mount did you use to mount your cam there, seems it would be very uncomfortable??? Did you tether it?

Tried the handlebar mount.. Perspective is great, but vibrations, no good.. The grip has rubber that surrounds the bar.. I know that if I mounted it without the rubber, vibrations would cause something else to give way, like the waterproof housing or mount. On the body or head seems to give me the best results. Not to mention, the cam has built in gyro stabilization, so that greatly improves the results.

I watched a video that Scuff (Patrick) took at the Tail of the Dragon this past weekend . He mounted his go pro to his rear turn signal . I thought it came out nice and clear of the people behind him ..

Latest posts

Back