Where is the connector for the Vboost?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arabian2

Reaction score
I just recently had disconnected my battery and thought I got all the connectors back, but no "Ops check/activation" upon turning on the bike. Suggestions, pics, etc. Thanks.

There are two vboost connectors, a round one and a rectangular one. Both are under the left scoop. They would be unlikely to be disturbed by replacing a battery.

What year is your bike? If you haven't touched the wire harness, it's possible that the connections were last made in Hamamatsu, or wherever their factory is. Get some Deoxit spray and one-by-one, disconnect, spray, and then reconnect several times the connectors. You can use a bit of dielectric grease on the females before connecting the males, when you are ready to make the connection for the last time.

There are cheaper electrical contact sprays, but Deoxit has a good reputation for doing the job. Think of it being like automotive motor oil in your engine vs. motorcycle-specific oils containing the friction modifiers for wet clutches and the gearbox.

FYI, the round barrel connector under the left scoop is the one to unplug when the VBoost cycles to the 'open' position, when you turn-on the ignition, if you want that small-block, cammed V8 sound at idle, for making your presence known at bike night.

"Make motorcycling great again"

Last edited:
Back