Where to buy throttle tubes?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QuarterHorse

Reaction score
The ones from Yammy come with a grip. I ordered some new grips, and don't know if the guy glued the old one on the throttle tube. This is a "just in case" kind of deal.

Thanks,
Dustin

The ones from Yammy come with a grip. I ordered some new grips, and don't know if the guy glued the old one on the throttle tube. This is a "just in case" kind of deal.

Thanks,
Dustin

On my Venture, and my XS' I cut the grip from the tube and used hairspray to put on the new grips on the tubes.

Not sure if I can cut these.

ForwardControls9.jpg

Not sure if I can cut these.

Nope! I've installed those on a Max before and glue is the only way to keep them on. They actually come with a couple tubes of glue.

I have used the tube with WD-40 and shot it under grips before but that when I am tossing the old grips. Compressed air also works well on the rubber grips.

So I'm bringing this back, anybody have any idea? I'm going to be picking up the new Iso grips Thursday before I leave this Friday for my motorcycle trip, and I want the new grips on. If I have the horrific luck of breaking this throttle tube, I'll tape the damn thing together to make the ride, but am curious on where to find JUST the throttle sleeve.

Thanks fellas.

Dustin

Yamaha sells them. I think I have a new one on hand though. I may even have a used one available.

Sean

Yamaha sells them. I think I have a new one on hand though. I may even have a used one available.

Sean

Yeah Yamaha sells 'em, but comes with grip installed, so I'd have to try to get the grip off of that tube as well. :D

If I end up breaking this one I'll give you a call Sean. Lets all cross our fingers I don't, I REALLY don't want to have to "rig" something up to ride this weekend.

Yea, i see that now. It's not hard at least to get the stockers off. I have a buddy who was thining about buying a set of those grips so maybe we could figure out how to trade the pair.

Sean

You are ordering the Kuryakyn iso-grips?

Aren't those what is in the picture you have already?:confused2:

Well I got the old grips off, no need for a throttle tube. YAY! When I test fitted the new grips over the throttle tube, it was so friggin' tight, I said to heck with it. No need for glue, tape, or anything else. I was twisting the rubber out of the inside of it!!!! A tube of death grip on the left side after it was all cleaned up, and here she sits!

MaxGrips001.jpg

MaxGrips002.jpg

Different look, ditch the bar ends, and the left side grip was pretty weak, and liked to twist a little which sucked. I figured I was getting new grips for that reason, why not switch the look up.

I have some Kuryakyn Stiletto bar ends if anybody wants 'em. How's half of whatever new is sound? :D

Latest posts

Back