Where to get seals?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I usually use Ron Ayers Motorsports online.

Sean Morley too [email protected] and he can make suggestions about what ones you'll need, depending on what's being disassembled.

Last edited:
Babbits for my gasket's and seal's, no oil in your sight glass?

Thanks for the tips. There is oil. The bike is parked on its kickstand. The bike leans to the left forcing all the oil to the left. When the bike is on the center stand, the oil will come up between 80-90% through the window. This coolant leak is is due to the temperature differences we been having. I had my one truck stolen, the other truck is not ready for the road, so I was bound to the bike for a few days while I sourced another vehicle. I have been riding in 25-30F weather in the mornings for work. The bike reaches operating temperature then cools down to outside temperature. I am not surprised this has happened and the reason I dont treat my crash bars as riding pegs. 12 year old O-rings dont last forever in that scenario. And I think pulling apart the unit with the Orings will be alot better than fighting that water pump cover. Thanks again. Since I got 4 wheels and a heater box, I can park the bike, source the Orings and fix the bike, weather permitting.

Man, that's a real bummer about your truck. Don't look at the big picture on your thermostat/water pump problem's. Get the bike a little elevated, start in one step at a time per your favorite shop manual and before you know it you've got'er done.

Latest posts

Back