which mirrors, bar ends or risers?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigrubbers4x4

Reaction score
i am trying to decide on a set of aftermarket mirrors to put on the max.
the mod monkey bit me again....i'm gonna go broke with this little bastage around....lol.
i cant decide whether or not i want to go with bar end mirrors or riser type mirrors. they are not all that expensive so i want to change them out. i can see past my shoulders fine now since i put the drag bars on with the stock mirrors but they just dont look cool... you guys with the bar end mirrors, how do you like them? are they easy to see out of when your riding? to they vibrate a lot? ebay has tons of mirrors to choose from, i just cant decide which set i want.....:bang head::ummm::bang head:

Coolness=barends, Visibility=stock. I have no obstruction with my Oberons, just smaller field-of-view. Haven't noticed any vibration issues, but i'm not looking too much at what i have passed. It's whats in front of me that I look for.

i like the cheapo ebay bar ends. ge ta couple pairs incase one breaks. i can see more than i ever did with stock due to the concave shape.

I am running Oberons as well and love them. Even have the Oberon bar end blinkers that allowed me to remove the hideous stock blinkers from the front! Sounds like you and the Monkey are sharing a little "Monkey love" for sure!!!!!

Sounds like you and the Monkey are sharing a little "Monkey love" for sure!!!!!

that MF'er moved his ass right on in like he owns the place, he's even sleeping in bed with the wife and i now.... anyone know how to get a chain on him before i get into to much trouble with the wife and she throws me out?....lol

that MF'er moved his ass right on in like he owns the place, he's even sleeping in bed with the wife and i now.... anyone know how to get a chain on him before i get into to much trouble with the wife and she throws me out?....lol

I just installed a pair of mini mirrors yesterday, exactly like stock except 1'' smaller in diameter and about 2'' closer to bars, I am very happy with them. I don't know how well they work though because it's winter here and all I can see in them is my TV...both my bikes are in the kitchen..:)....P.S. 30$

Shorthair88.........

I put bar ends on last year, as they look badass. Visibility is poor, so for that i'd suggest stock mirrors :biglaugh:

Can't beat the coolness of the bar end type mirrors though, same reason I've been wearing a simpson bandit helmet for a few years. Just switched back to Arai now, and the comfort is supreme :eusa_dance:

:biglaugh:
i am trying to decide on a set of aftermarket mirrors to put on the max.
the mod monkey bit me again....i'm gonna go broke with this little bastage around....lol.
i cant decide whether or not i want to go with bar end mirrors or riser type mirrors. they are not all that expensive so i want to change them out. i can see past my shoulders fine now since i put the drag bars on with the stock mirrors but they just dont look cool... you guys with the bar end mirrors, how do you like them? are they easy to see out of when your riding? to they vibrate a lot? ebay has tons of mirrors to choose from, i just cant decide which set i want.....:bang head::ummm::bang head:
It's easy to 'pull down' stock (or any other type with 'stems') so they are closer to the handlebar. Improves visibility a lot (you look 'under' your arms) and looks way cooler. In my opinion the best compromise between 'stock high up in the air' and bar end...

By the way, bigrubbers (what's in a name :biglaugh:), I didn't forget about the scoop inlays, just something very urgent came around at work, I'll get there eventually!)

I am all for the bar ends. I also have a cheap set of Ebay mirrors. Visibility is actually great with the concave lense on them. I am about to buy my second set due to a run in with a honda civic. But at $30 if you get a expensive pair who cares.

I bought some barends from ebay last year and am happy with them. They were very cheap. Less than $20 shipped if I remember right. They are not perfect but for the price I can't complain. The view behind is OK. No worse than the stockers. Bought some plastic hole plugs from the hardware store for like 10 cents each and plugged the holes in my masters so they look finished.

Not sure if you know but there is an unwritten rule saying you can not run dumbo ear mirrors with drag bars. You are going to have to do something to fix that, LOL

Thanks for sharing about the unwritten rule mike....lol. yeah im just not liking the big dumbo mirrors on the drag bars. And still nobody has made a suggestion on how to keep the mod monkey at bay, I guess resistance is futile against him......lol

Heres the old school bar end mirrors I have. Dont mind the dust..:biglaugh:Id like to replace the mirrors only.

Attachments

• vmaxyup.jpg
    vmaxyup.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 53
how did you get your brake resevoir to look like that, is that nothing more than just polishing it up? looks good

Latest posts

Back