Which tool

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Traumahawk

Reaction score
Ok, I'm FINALLY looking at changing out the swing arm with bearings, etc. So the allen bolt on the right side gets torqued to 4.3 inch lbs. What tool do yall use? The lowest that I can see an inch lb torque going down to is 6 in lbs.

I though it was 53 inch lbs or 6 Nm?
Regardless, I never bothered to measure that during assembly.

I set the fixed bolt to torque. Snug up the adjustable one a bit tighter than it should be to set everything. Work it up and down a few times. Then back off and just set it by hand to where it feels right.

I hold the rear of the arm in one hand and work a ratchet in the other. I tighten it up till there is no play but still feels smooth throughout the range of movement. Mark the adjustable pin then torque the nut and double check to make sure all is good after that. Surprisingly, I've never had an issue with adjustable bolt moving while torquing the nut.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I though it was 53 inch lbs or 6 Nm?
Regardless, I never bothered to measure that during assembly.

I set the fixed bolt to torque. Snug up the adjustable one a bit tighter than it should be to set everything. Work it up and down a few times. Then back off and just set it by hand to where it feels right.

I hold the rear of the arm in one hand and work a ratchet in the other. I tighten it up till there is no play but still feels smooth throughout the range of movement. Mark the adjustable pin then torque the nut and double check to make sure all is good after that. Surprisingly, I've never had an issue with adjustable bolt moving while torquing the nut.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thank you for the advice.

Back