WHICH Vista Cruise for 1st gen ?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

86turbodsl

Reaction score
I've seen a few people here say they had a vista cruise mounted. I need one for my bike, but theres 2 types. The one that is real thin, and the one that stretches across the right controls. I'm hoping to use the thin one, but amazon says it won't fit the vmax.

Help!!! I need a throttle lock ASAP!

Thanks!

Tried using a nep cruise and that doesn't fit. What are people doing with the stock throttle tubes to use these cruise controls? There's a plastic end that butts right up to the right control housing.

For my Gen1 I'm using the Omni-Cruise. Very well built, great cust svc and it's quick to move it from bike to bike. It is not made in China but neither is the Vista, I think both USA made. I know this doesn't answer your question but its a well made alternative. I got one straight from the vendor and have been quite happy.
https://www.omni-cruise.com/

Seen that thread, unfortunately it mostly talks about the breakaway, which i think looks clunky. The Vista cruise that goes across the control pod doesn't look good to me either. I was hoping the NEP would work, as that matches the suzuki i had, but it didn't fit. The throttle tube/ grip goes right up to the control pod on the max, so i'm not sure what i have to do to fit one. I don't like the ones that have a rubber band and hit the brake lever, looks tacky to me. So far, all i've seen beside the vista that looks ok are throttlemeisters, but don't really want to spend $150 on a friction lock.

Seen that thread, unfortunately it mostly talks about the breakaway, which i think looks clunky. The Vista cruise that goes across the control pod doesn't look good to me either. I was hoping the NEP would work, as that matches the suzuki i had, but it didn't fit. The throttle tube/ grip goes right up to the control pod on the max, so i'm not sure what i have to do to fit one. I don't like the ones that have a rubber band and hit the brake lever, looks tacky to me. So far, all i've seen beside the vista that looks ok are throttlemeisters, but don't really want to spend $150 on a friction lock.

The break-away throttle lock doesnt move ANYTHING on the controls. It goes over the throttle. I wanted to opt for this cause of the seemingly clean install on the one posters bike. However the company has not been very helpful and therefore have not been able to procure one from the site. My Virago, uses the Vista cruise that goes over the controls. Too bulky for my likes on the Max.

The throttlemeisters you are looking at are for 1" bars. Not the 7/8" bars the Gen 1s have. Look closely at fitment. I would have went that route if they fit. But they dont.

The Break Away locks are pricey too. I conceded that a good quality throttle lock will be about 2 bills. But since no one is willing to help and I am unable to find an end bar lock that fits, I am going Brazilian at the moment.

I just read that throttlemeister is out of business. There's koaro? that seems to make a similar lock, but i haven't found the right one yet. I'm just about coming up sanke eyes here.

I have done some research on this and concluded it's hokey time or expensive. SO, i will be rolling my own. I will share details when i have it worked out.

Im gonna try this since i already have ISO grips.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190927-164006_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20190927-164006_Samsung Internet.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 13

Latest posts

Back