While you are complaining about winter, think of FL

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
What were you doing this past weekend? This was one of the local events. Daytona Bike Week is soon to-be!

http://www.southflorida.com/spotted...ami-beach-volleyball-sports-illustrated-s-054

Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Beach Volleyball Tournament on Ocean Drive, Miami Beach
( Frazer Harrison / Getty Images / Courtesy / February 20, 2014 )
----------------------------------------------------------------
I had to use my shortie-wetsuit as the pool was down to 83* F this weekend. :biglaugh:

Here was another group of chassis to ogle: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/videogallery/79420433/8th-Annual-Boca-Raton-Concours-d-Elegance
A few years-ago, Jay Leno was the Grand Marshal for the event. A couple acquaintances of mine, Dave and Ed, retired Yamaha factory mechanics, judge the bike entries.
http://www.bocaratonconcours.com/bocaratonconcours/
13-031_RSTOLPE_0777.jpg

13-031_RSTOLPE_1058-E_HDR.jpg

Attachments

• 2012 Toys-Tots_2013 Dania_2013 Daytona 116.jpg
    2012 Toys-Tots_2013 Dania_2013 Daytona 116.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 22
I went to a Machine Gun Shoot yesterday, Drenched in Sweat.:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

No one asked for these unsolicated temperature reports
:th_biggun:

I rode about 250 miles total to and around a lake about an hour away with my folks. I ended up having to to ditch my jacket once it got to about 75.

da5ezazy.jpg

I put about 200 miles on the bike Saturday. Was a great day.

Floridia is nice enough but give me the four seasons, not enough seasonal differences down there for me.
I went to a buddy's birthday party, on a snowmobile, to a nice little U.P. lake that was 20 miles from the nearest groomed trail. We did some ice fishing, cooked 2 venison roasts, 3 rabbits, brats, potatoes with rutabaga/onions, pork ribs all cooked over a open fire. The sun was shining and with very little wind it was quite a nice day for the festivities.
Here is picture of the food cooking, a couple of northern pike and some of the participants:

Attachments

• IMG_1333.jpg
    IMG_1333.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_1334.jpg
    IMG_1334.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_1335.jpg
    IMG_1335.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_1336.jpg
    IMG_1336.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 32
I got Max's battery checked out, topped off with distilled h2o, and fully recharged Sat, and while it charged, I took Max II into town to get a part for my pickup truck. Round trip approx. 8.5 miles. :clapping:

But it's too cold for riding again all this week, and maybe even a few white flurries tomorrow. :(

Glad it's only 23 days until leaving for the 2014 Spring TX hill country rally.

You guys look like a bunch of yopper hillbilly's Brian. LOL.:biglaugh:

You guys look like a bunch of yopper hillbilly's Brian. LOL.:biglaugh:
Truth be told, there are only 4(5 if you include the picture taker!) real Yoopers in those pictures, the others are just wannabe's!:biglaugh: There is one from the Florida keys, one from Indiana and far in the background are a couple flatlander/ trolls. :eusa_dance:
Yoopers, natural born survivalists! :punk:

Up in Maine skiing. Sitting on an ice couch with the wife and kids. I also love the 4 seasons. I'll be riding my max soon enough. It has been a long and snowy winter though!!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 24
What's the White Shit all over the ground??????:rofl_200:

Floridia is nice enough but give me the four seasons, not enough seasonal differences down there for me.
I went to a buddy's birthday party, on a snowmobile, to a nice little U.P. lake that was 20 miles from the nearest groomed trail. We did some ice fishing, cooked 2 venison roasts, 3 rabbits, brats, potatoes with rutabaga/onions, pork ribs all cooked over a open fire. The sun was shining and with very little wind it was quite a nice day for the festivities.
Here is picture of the food cooking, a couple of northern pike and some of the participants:

If I couldn't ride my snowmobile for a few months, I think I'd go nuts. Plus the max feels like a new toy every spring !
y2a9u4an.jpg
seheqa2u.jpg

South FL: warm, hot, starting to cool-off, balmy-repeat. They hold Daytona Bike Week at a great time of year, though sometimes it does rain.

I don't miss the MI winters.

My buddy who went to NMU (Northern MI University-Marquette) said he used to use an army field jacket to hold a case of beer in its pockets, so they wouldn't freeze, when they were out in the country having the college drinking parties, during the winter. He played Div. 1 football and graduated from WMU in Kalamazoo, where he broke the tackling sled twice, earning the nickname, "Heavy" from his line coach. I still call him that.

Looks like a goiod time Brian....Right there with ya on the 4 seasons bud.....

Back