White smoke Technical Question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maxedout

Reaction score
2007 Vmax @ 1200 miles
When I start it up after it sits for awhile a short burst of white smoke comes out then dissapears.
I tried using the colortune on it after boring out the stock pipes and mixture looked about right?
I am up here in Arizona with warm dry weather.
Any ideas?

Typically I would say white smoke is oil and doing it on startup after sitting a while, but not all the time or when restarted shortly after shutting down, is valve giudes....

But an '07 with 1200 miles?????.......I'm stumped....

White generally equals burning oil, or coolant. Oil has a blue tinge to it and you will smell it. You know it when you smell it. Coolant will be a dense white color and generally will smell sweet. However, if you were leaking and burning coolant, it would not go away.

Mike

Typically visible mixture issue would show up on excessively rich as black or dark smoke.......too lean wouldn't show up visibly at all.........I'm confused......

Could it be a breaking-in issue? 1200 miles is pretty low.

YEA , I AGREE WITH YOU GUY'S ! ITS CONDENSATION , CARS - BIKES - BOATS ( 4 STROKE ) ALL DO IT ,( WHEN THEY ARE FIRST STARTED AFTER SITTING TILL THEY COOL DOWN ), ITS MORE NOTICABLE IN THE COLD WEATHER , BUT EVERY WINTER CUSTOMERS ASK WHY THERE CAR SMOKES ! IT WAS 85 DEG. MONDAY & WHEN I STARTED MY MAX , IT SPIT OUT SOME CONDENSATION FOR 3-5 MINUTES , THEN IS FINE ! SAME WITH MY 2 CARS & SUBURBAN ! & THE 20 CARS AT WORK ! SO JUST RELAX & ENJOY THE RIDE ! "LOL" :punk:

4 1/2 in holes meaning more than one in a muffler? Damn how big is the muffler?
Hell just cut the ends off the mufflers and pull the baffles out. LOL

Straight Pipes:punk:

You are in rare form again I see:biglaugh:

I think he meant four 1/2" holes:ummm:

I actually did gut my stock pipes completely, the hole in the end was as big as the outlet diameter andnothing inside the pipe all the way to the collector box....

It actually sounded pretty good believe it or not..

Latest posts

Back