who bought their vmax new?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmax190

Reaction score
i got mine in 06, last bike i had was a v65 magna, the max scared the shit out of me on the way home from the stealership!

don't have the cash for that... my i got my '03 in october with 1800 miles, thats as close as i'll get to a new bike for a while...

I got my '86 four months ago..

Only new bikes I ever bought were my first one - Ancillotti 80cc - back in 1982 and my only other Yam - XTZ 750 - in 1990. Regretted that too - lost way too much $$ on resale.

I think buying new is a waste of of time and funds. You can get the same for a MUCH reduced price if you're just happy to go for a 6-12 months old model. On top of that, any and all teething problems will have surfaced by then and will have been ironed out.

And some new bikes are simply lemons - a friend of mine bought a Triumph Speed Triple brand spanking new and it was never right (mainly electrical probs) all the way until he part-exchanged it for another bike at the stealers. At least they gave him a good deal back to excuse themselves..

yea but the thrill of being the first ass in the seat is like the first cherry you busted!!!!!!!!!!!!!:punk:

Mine was new! First to start it no less! If you buy used you run the risk of hidden horrors! BEEN THERE DONE WITH THAT!

I've had ZERO issues and don't have to FIX everything else the P.O. screwed up like many people do!

Mitchell got a sweet deal no doubt!

I think buying new is a waste of of time and funds. You can get the same for a MUCH reduced price if you're just happy to go for a 6-12 months old model. On top of that, any and all teething problems will have surfaced by then and will have been ironed out.

I agree 100%. New has its purpose sometimes. But 9 times outta 10 you lose $. The guy I purchased my 2K7 off bought it for $10,500 and barely broke it in at 1,200 miles. Then due to a divorce was forced to take a hit and sold it to me for $8,500. With state sales tax, I believe thats about $2.00 a mile.

Got mine new in April 2002,last year for the carbon fiber model.It was $10,800.Six & a half years later I have close to 65,000mi.Just about 10,000 a year in sunny SoCal.:hippy biker: Just ride the snot out of it & (INJOY)

I agree 100%. New has its purpose sometimes. But 9 times outta 10 you lose $. The guy I purchased my 2K7 off bought it for $10,500 and barely broke it in at 1,200 miles. Then due to a divorce was forced to take a hit and sold it to me for $8,500. With state sales tax, I believe thats about $2.00 a mile.

i agree with ya mitchell...

Got mine new in April 2002,last year for the carbon fiber model.It was $10,800.Six & a half years later I have close to 65,000mi.Just about 10,000 a year in sunny SoCal.:hippy biker:

damn I bought mine new in 06 and have 9500 miles on it, ohio weather sucks!!!!!

Got my 07 new in March of 08 and am very happy with it. I have no problems buying new, but I do try to stay away from first year models, or major change years.

I bought mine new off the floor in '07, had the trapps, bellypan, K&N, and a few other things done before 10miles were on the clock.

Bought my 06 New in June 2006. Just turned 8500 miles before I put her up for the winter sleep.

I thought about used, just looked at to many basket cases, the comfort level was not there. New it was and Glad I did it.

I tried to buy a purple 85 that was sold before I could get the downpayment so I got the Marubi red 86 and I was fresh out of college. I went without a Max for a few years until I got my "Used" 90. Same thrill but alot cheaper! Do you guys remember what a V Max used to cost? Around four grand!!!! I have a hard time accepted essentially the same bike for around 11K! Now 18 K for Gen II. Ouch. I am at the age where being the first kid on the block has lost all its appeal. I work too damn hard for my money. I suppose you smoke cigarettes to look cool around the guys eh? "Vanity is a striving after the wind" That being said, I wish I had a new Max! :confused2:

Latest posts

Back