Who is eating fast food? Why/Why not?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caseyjones955

Reaction score
I had quite a discussion with my wife and a friend about this. Given the rising prices of fast food I realize I can go get a couple sushi rolls for around the price of a Whopper meal now. Not judging, we all know the shit just aint good for you but most of the food I enjoy would not be found at the table of a health nut.

I do not live in a place where idiot liberals have enacted a $15.00 min wage, thankfully, but I'm guessing if you live in one of these places it's far worse? So I would love to know the following;

Do you regularly eat fast food?
If so is it a time/convenience thing or do you enjoy it as I know many do?
What are the prices doing in your region for fast food and has it effected your choice to go less often.

I do Wendys or Culvers 3-4 times a year, maybe BK now and then, never McDonalds, damn nasty stuff but also the longest lines so apparently I'm in the minority as feeling like McDonalds is literally to nasty to eat regardless of hunger. Rising prices and disappearing value menus have stopped me from going unless serious time and serious hunger are immediate factors.

I generally do quick food over fast food. Tons of quick lunch places that can get you in and out in under an hour where I live. On average it is probably $5-10 more than fast food, but you don't need to run to the bathroom later either. $15 minimum wage debate is something I don't want to get into. Society already rewards people's poor life decisions too much already.

We (the family) eat fast food pretty often. For sure the kids get McDonalds breakfast on the way to church each Sunday morning. Not often for lunch or dinner there. Wendy's probably once a week (or at least every other week). Rarely BK. Chick-Fil-A maybe once every other week. Sonic, Taco Bell, and Arby's. Even get the Subway subs from time to time.

Probably only eat at home 3-4 times a week.

As a Veggie my options for Fast Food are a wee bit limited......Subway, Pizza , chips ( French fries )....or Roll n Tattie Scone (!)
Some even like Fried Pizza in batter, or Mars Bar in batter.

Last edited:
I've tried to reduce my intake to once a week (subway.McD, BK,Wendy's). I think the worst thing for you is soda (Coke) so I"ve tried to reduce that also.

Funny you should mention this topic, I was just called to sit down to dinner when I saw this. I do eat fast food, but probably not from the 'bad' menu. I rarely eat McDonalds, perhaps 3-4 times in a year, and then because I'm in the 'rush' mode to be somewhere, and it's the fastest option. I do eat BK once in awhile, perhaps every other month, I like a Whopper, and the corporate HQ isn't far from where we live in Miami. Support your local businesses, except that BK was bought awhile ago by a British holding co.

I don't mind a Subway, but the local supermarket chain in FL, Publix, makes a good sub, and if I get the foot-long, I usually eat it over two days, which is about $4/day. I normally bring my lunch to work. I will also eat a Taco Bell, which I'm sure in a western area, isn't considered worth eating. I might have that 10X/year.

So, back to tonight: my wife bought us dinner fixin's, and she rattled the pots & pans, (attachment) and we had tuna steaks, seared, w/capers, and quinoa grain w/jasmine rice, steamed broccoli w/lemon & butter, and a Pinot Grigio, which came to < $28, for my wife and me. It was delicious, and you can see my wasabi, which I like to use on the tuna. This is one of my favorite meals, and we have a new kitchen to prepare it in. Lucky me (us)! I spent today hanging the cabinets I made last weekend, in the pantry.

I don't normally buy soda at the grocery store, but I do drink it on occasion.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 20
I tried Burger King 1 time in my life and it was soooo bad I wrote them and complained-----They sent me a coupon for a free burger!!!

I'm a sucker for a BK Orio Shake twice a week. Wendy's once a week. I cook pretty good, so home made stuff the rest of the time. I live with a militant vegetarian, that is a pain in my ass. So a burger once in a while with a smile.
Steve

Only once or twice a month and always taco bell while on my lunch break. Hard to escape a viscious crop dusting when your stuck in a box welding... :rofl_200:

Subway 2 or 3 times a week, close to work, relatively healthy and cheap. Wendys over McDonalds, BK is really going downhill, at least in my neck of the woods. We probably eat out at restaurants 5 times a week, eat out probably more than we eat at home. My wife works late and doesn't like to cook.

Typical day for me is toast or a banana for breakfast.

Lunch from who knows. Quite often a local, family owned butcher shop. They have daily sammich specials. Sometimes Wendy's or taco bell. If fast food, I prefer Chipotle.

Dinner is 90% at home and fairly healthy. My wife takes pride in making good meals for the family. We do go out for dinner an average of 1X per week but very rarely is it fast food.

I'd like to stay away from it at lunch time but it's so convenient as I'm always on the road.

Not real often here We do Chickfila for breakfast once in a while & Mcdonalds for breakfast once in a while the rest of there food sucks. I have never been a fan ok BK . I don't think there are any BK or Wendys around here anyway.

I prefer Hooters or the local Irish Pub or Chilies & an occasional trip over to Twin peaks .

I used to occasionally blow through BK for a sausage egg biscuit if I have to leave early for work and no time to eat before. Last time I went in and got a double of the same and it was over $4, no coffee, no OJ, no taters, I even let them keep the American cheese. My client enjoys BK so when we're out we go to BK and order three Jr cheeseburgers, it comes to $3.21 and feeds us both, these are not on the menu. If I'm hungry and see a sweet deal I may go.

I have all but stopped going since price seems to have exceeded quality. Now I'll have to go and try an Oreo shake (thanks Steve). Might as well get a Jr burger with it (thanks Steve). :clapping:

It's looking like we're going to pretty much cut it out completely for reasons of rising prices and we were speculating how bad it must be where wages recently got boosted. I have even slowed way down on the coffee stands in the last couple years.

no fast food here for me.
i prefer do my own food,with things that i know what they are.
try a macdonalds burger with no ketchup or mayonese and see the flavour...or the lack of it.
i make my own hamburgers,3 times the size and half the price.and they taste good just by the meat.

Back