who sells hmf?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HMF does not advertise selling a system for the vmax.
There are 2 dealers that sell them.
John Furbur at Blue Ridge Mountain Sportmax and
Bill Warner at Wild Brothers.
That is it.

yea thats the 2 i found. i guess i'll have to wait to get mine for who knows how long before its shipped. thanks.

They can't take that long coming from florida.He even told me that he had 2 in stock and more on the way.

finally got a comformation on my exhaust coming next week. it only took 3 weeks. hope it was worth it. ill let you know. may have to change needles form what ive read about midrange being lean.

do you guys use any rtv gasket sealer on the joints? im still waiting for my clamps so i cant put it all togther yet. your right shawn about being self explan. on how they go together. thanks.

One of the slip joints on the rear down pipe on my bike is leaking, can't be heard just slightly felt and seen from black soot where you can't really see it anyway.

If I ever have them back off I'll probably use some type of sealant on the slip joint.

Rusty

They will weep a bit when cold, but that's a good thing. Once warm they'll expand and seal. My Mark's pipes do that. He builds 'em that way so that when it cools moisture has a way to escape.

Mark

anyone got any good tips on how to put the straps on? i got both side of the exhaust just loose(all of it) and cant seem to get the bolt thru the mount to put a nut/washer on back. its almost like the stock bolt is to short. any help would be great.:bang head:

I did get some longer stainless bolts for mine.You might need to turn the collectors up some.After mine is bolted tight I give each side a tug up to point the cans out some.

well i got them on, sort of. i had to take off both front and back washers from the bolts to make it push through the holders. of course after tightening it all up and starting it up, the connections leak.(new i should have put sealer on them. on the good notre they sound real good and seem to pull a little harder midrange then the trapps, but there again its been a while since i got to ride it. although 130 mph was no propblem,just a little cold. lol:biglaugh:

i was showing a friend of mine my pipes today and he said he didnt think the bike would pass inspection being so loud so it must be good.lol. i do notice however that it seems to be a little more cold blooded now w/ this free flowing exhaust. nothing i cant live w/ and its only about 50 degrees as well. i ended up buying longer s.steel bolts for it. i wish it was a litle better fit, but i can live w/ it for sure. thanks shawn for talking me into these, they sound great.

well i pulled right front plug out to check after a ride other day and it was close to being soild white. not a good color to have in my book. a little on the lean side wouldnt you think?

Did you adjust the air mixture screws at all yet?Yours may still be plugged from the factory.Hows the low rpm response?I would richen them some first,Maybe a turn or two out.They control the mixture up to 4500rpm or so till the needles start to come in.Shimming the needles is also an option too. Mikuni 152.5 mains should be fine stock,with HMF exhaust.I was running those mains with stage 7 till I did my top end.

Another option would be to just go ahead and put the 155 mains in if you feel it is way too lean.

I will say that 4stroke plugs will look a lot whiter than say a 2 stroke plug.I thought they looked way too lean at first too before I learned about dialing mine in.Look for soot on the steel ring at the end of the threads.Look at the electrode good.And look at the porcelin tip,even way down deep into it.

Last edited:
well i pulled right front plug out to check after a ride other day and it was close to being soild white. not a good color to have in my book. a little on the lean side wouldnt you think?

I went up one on the jets and shimmed the needles out a bit and set the idle mix screw out 4 turns...

I am running Holeshot 4 into 2 and a K&N filter and the plugs are just slightly tan...

Perfect in me book!:thumbs up:

thanks guys. yea the eletrodes arent sooty at all. the air screw caps have been removed when i put my s trapps on we turned it another 1/2 turn i think. cant remeber since it was too yrs ago. i think ill have to do something as its too lean in my eyes and it still burps when i i give it throttle when i down shift. i also noticed its alot more cold blooded in taking off. i have to let it warm up more then i had too. i just hate to think or have the time to tear into it to fine tune it. but boy doesnt it turn heads and scares the hell out of people when i give a gear and pass them lol.

plugs are just slightly tan...

Just slightly rich. Tan was good for leaded gas. For unleaded, look for a shade of gray. But, if you're happy....we're happy. :drool:

IMHO.

Mark

Back