Who will ride today?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had to ride, 24 degree slow ride to my shop, bout a mile, to begin dis-assembly, sounds like something in the header tube,#3.
The machine sprung to life instantly, its parked out back under a tarp because of other projects in the shop, I would have liked to get it to temp but that would have taken an hour of riding in the ficken cold and I still got a thumbs up from a passing driver just before I had to put her away for a while.

Very common rattling cracks in pipe 4.
Outer cover was drilled in about 5 places and welded to pipe. I drilled, welder spent about 5 min or so welding.
I rode couple days ago to get a part for my truck.
Today I am going swimming!!!
https://seatemperature.info/florida-water-temperature.html
I rode it again today and realized just how much and why I just love that machine. Despite the intermittent noise It Is Bad ASS!
Cant wait to get it down just to inspect for stuff like you described!!

I rode it again today and realized just how much and why I just love that machine. Despite the intermittent noise It Is Bad ASS!
Cant wait to get it down just to inspect for stuff like you described!!
posted pic in post #4. Location of crack was unknown, because it was in inner pipe. Welded holes did the trick.

posted pic in post #4. Location of crack was unknown, because it was in inner pipe. Welded holes did the trick.
Thanks again, as much fun as it was to ride it today I couldn't help noticing a metallic smell, its got sort of brassy sound, seems to be inside and out of the motor but I'm thinking its in #3, plug color etc. If it would just go on and snow here so I can get into tear-down mode to see what's up....

Back