Who works out, and what do you do?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My grandfather(moms side), started smoking as a kid. Smoked for 40+ years. Quit for almost 20. Didnt stop him from dying from esophageal cancer. My other grandfather(dads side) though...seems to have beaten the reaper. Heavy smoker for all of his life till he was diagnosed with COPD. Still kicking at 89 years old. Yes...hes in rough shape...but still going. What kills one, doesnt kill another. And medically speaking, you arent declared legally dead until cardiac arrest. So no matter what, we all die of cardiac arrest.
Whatever you say to yourself to feel better is fine with me! 👍

Smokers shouldnt live into their late 80s, right? What explanation do you offer up instead? I am pointing out what you say as truth, and I agree. Smoking in general, tends to shorten life. But there are those, and my grandfather is no exception, there have been many others that prove the statement wrong. They live long lives and appear to beat the reaper doing their bad habits.

some part of our brain is responsible for self-preservation. I think you are a brave guy. I am afraid of cancer, you are not, I am afraid to die early, you are not. 👍

Whatever you say to yourself to feel better is fine with me! 👍
I don't think PHP is trying to justify smoking is a good idea, just giving 2 examples of 1 smoker getting away with it and other who didn't.

Back in the 50s (?) doctors were recommending smoking as a cure for asthma (probably were sponsored by the tobacco companies LOL) , back then it was not known the damage smoking causes.

Ultimately its down to free choice. You can live your life being miserable eating salad, not drinking, working out 35mins spinning a day and still croak before someone who is happy and has 4 big macs with extra fries and 6 buds a day.

If we knew what was around the corner we'd never leave the house.

I started with intermittent fasting. So eating 12pm-8pm and that’s it. Then I added in a modified home CrossFit workout from this website:

https://comptrain.co/home-gym/
I had to look up the exercises and different ways to modify them. And then I started to add equipment and was able to do more of the movements and then I found this website:

http://www.vintagecrossfit.com/category/classes/
they also have a YouTube channel that they usually upload a tutorial on what the workout looks like and they also have a modified version that can be done with little to no equipment.

One bit of advice I got when I first start was the best workout routine you can do is one that you stick to.
Good Luck!

I started with intermittent fasting. So eating 12pm-8pm and that’s it.
That works for me too, similar times also. I’m doing it right now. I got that from a retired P.E. Teacher who never ate after 7pm.

I used this method years ago also and stripped off 1& 1/2 stones in six months, with no additional excercise. 2 self cooked meals per day, no biscuits or crisps in-between, keep large tomatoes to nibble on if you feel your starving to death. Friday night go for a drink as normal, but no deep fried take away’s afterwards. Within 3 months you are starting to eye up the younger 55 year old birds again.

Back