Why a Vmax?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back in 1985 I was 18 and loved motorcycles and classic cars, still do, but was young and more crazy then, and I saw my first V Max on the local Yamaha showroom floor. In 1985 it was a big event when it came out and just about everyone that was into cars and motorcycles was talking about it. The looks of it standing still was enough for me and I waited a long time for one. I finally got one this summer and while it’s cool to own one, it’s not all that I had it to be in my mind. Not really comfortable to ride and my brakes and front forks need work, but I’m trying to rebuild what’s needed and make it look more flashy to my tastes. I’ve been off bikes for 25 years and I’ve been slowly riding and getting used to it and having some fun.

To be honest though people driving nowadays are too distracted with their phones and it worries me sometimes while riding, but I’m still glad I pulled the trigger on it.

Huh, we’ll I’m looking for a bypass assembly valve (oil filter cover bolt). No one has them and no date as to when they can get one. Would you happen to have one you would sell? The previous owner buggered mine up so bad I’m not sure I can get it off.

Latest posts

Back