Why are these bikes so expensive???

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zewerr

Reaction score
http://www.ecossemoto.com

I was looking through a Dupont Registry magazine the other day and found an ad for one of these bikes. At first glance, it looked to be turbocharged. Apparently that's just a carb. Then I saw the price tag. $49800??? WTF???? What the hell is so damn special about them. I looked at the specifications. They're kinda light, but they're not that powerful. It just looks kinda like a Buell to me. Then I went to they're website. That was they're cheapest bike!!! How do these guys sell these things???

After looking through some of the PDF's I can give you a few good reasons for the exspence.

Hand Built, balanced and blueprinted motors
Materials like Titainium, carbon fiber, Chrome-moly and carbon Kevlar
Fairly light weight ranging under 500lbs
1650cc to 2000cc motors
105hp to 135hp
normal 5spd to close ratio 6sp tranny's
Built to order
Custom paint
Equipment like ?hlins shocks

With combinations like that, you can expect high cost. Keeping production numbers low, you create desire and a collectors item at the same time.

Now, the thing is, not everyone will feel the exspence is worth it. However, some will view it as a hand crafted work of art and will pay to have it in their garage for show and tell. A very few, will actually ride them.

All in all it is a work of art. But for the money, I could have a Max that would make that bike look like it was in reverse at warp speed.

Calimus said:
All in all it is a work of art. But for the money, I could have a Max that would make that bike look like it was in reverse at warp speed.

You mean your current one wouldn't? lol:rocket bike:

Waylander said:
You mean your current one wouldn't? lol:rocket bike:

I'm going on a ride with guys from work this weekend if the weather is nice. Half of them are new riders with sport bikes. Gotta show them what the Max is all about.

Latest posts

Back