Why are those selling their bikes so cheap?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawnlee

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Gen2 is a most advanced machine out there. Just look at the specs,all of them, and you will see the most technology advanced bike and those selling the Vmax are just feeding the low baller scum that want something for nothing. Why is it that some Gen 1s are selling for 7000 but some Gen 2s are going for 8500? Its a shame what is happening and it should stop. Dont give your bike away,keep it and enjoy it until you can sell it for what it is really worth. By the way I ride a 2019 and I would not sell it for under 14000

Attachments

• 20200121_160817.jpg
    20200121_160817.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 26
unfortunately any used vehicle is worth as much as buyers are willling to pay, if the seller dictated the price, we'd all be millionaires.

once yamaha releases the electric Vmax and petrol becomes unavailable, all our bikes are worthless so sell now to cut your losses!! :)

I guess it's the same with some other bikes too, original good condition Z1000's go for as much or more than the modern model, it's to do with being a 'classic', a 'legend'

I remember brand new B-kings for 7k from dealer

The Gen2 is a most advanced machine out there. Just look at the specs,all of them, and you will see the most technology advanced bike and those selling the Vmax are just feeding the low baller scum that want something for nothing. Why is it that some Gen 1s are selling for 7000 but some Gen 2s are going for 8500? Its a shame what is happening and it should stop. Dont give your bike away,keep it and enjoy it until you can sell it for what it is really worth. By the way I ride a 2019 and I would not sell it for under 14000
When Cycles go out of production, and mechanics are few and far between and the parts are hard to find, buying one is a big risk, especially for the MAX that never sold in the numbers of other bikes. Same with the FJR when that goes out of production, but that is at least a basic in line 4.

unfortunately any used vehicle is worth as much as buyers are willling to pay, if the seller dictated the price, we'd all be millionaires.

once yamaha releases the electric Vmax and petrol becomes unavailable, all our bikes are worthless so sell now to cut your losses!! :)
Yes!!!
I am looking for Gen2 for $1000. :D

From my experience covid has increased the value of old shit bikes so I'm not sure where you're finding cheap gen 2s.

I can tell you this much... Good luck on finding a cheap Gen 2 in the Netherlands.

Starting price:

€ 15.250 which is $ 18.086

Screenshot_20210713-075703.png

The only Gen 2's I've ever seen going for that low are the very old ones - the 2009's and 10's. And they're typically beat all to hell and in miserable shape.

2019's to 2020's are still running in the 14,000 to 17,000 dollar range all day long.

Anybody asking 7,000 for a Gen 1 either has a TON of custom work done to it or they're completely delusional. I have a mint condition, totally factory 2007 and about the best I could get for it would be right at $5,000.

i got my 2002 for 2000. needed carb work but that was it. i changed out all the other fluids too of course. and it came with a fresh set of tires too

I’ll sell you my 2014 with under 10kms for $15000.00can.

Although tempting, I will not take you up on that offer.

I did a little bit of asking around and it would cost me another 3.500 Can just to get it shipped* and pay the additional tax.

* No inspection of the bike itself whatsoever and I'd have to import** it myself.
** Paperwork and take it to the Dutch "DMV" for examination and a licence plate.

or get the ferry over to the UK and ride it back so no shipping costs.

I've not seen a gen 2 for less than £ 12,000 - and there is likely to be import tax put on top at your end.

1626192688728.png

or get the ferry over to the UK and ride it back so no shipping costs.

I've not seen a gen 2 for less than £ 12,000 - and there is likely to be import tax put on top at your end.

That, in part, is probably due to the exorbitant price they were when new?

April 2019 I bought my Gen 1 in Arizona for $3000. Had 19500 miles on it when I bought it.
October 2020 I bought my Gen 2 here in NM at a dealer for $9900. Had 5800 miles on it when I bought it.

Neither were beat to hell. Both were riders that were ready to go.

I think the Gen 1 was slightly less of market value as I negotiated the price down $700.
The Gen 2 was going for 12K, I got them to 9900 and they installed new Metzlers on it for me. At that time, given what I seen other selling theirs for, I was on market for this one.

Regardless....I am very pleased with both of the bikes. I even had one guy ask if I was selling my Gen 2 a few weeks ago. Said yea....$15K if he was interested. Clearly he wasnt interested cause he didnt ask my number to think it over.

Back