why do people put coil packs on instead of ht leads

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If your talking about the coil over plug mod (COPS) I did mine because I needed the space for my nitrous setup and it does save 3lbs but as far as a performance goes there is no difference between the COPS and factory coils that are working properly.. If your stockers are cracked and not working right I'd definitely do the COPS mod though..

Ease of changing the front coils alone, and on the road, is well worth the mod. I believe my bike starts better with cops. I'm comparing it to old, cracked wires, and coils, I had though. I'd convert before buying OEM coils new. 20k on the mod, no issues.
Steve-o

Mine starts a little better also after converting. Never have to replace plug wires again, don't have to deal with the PITA front coils, more energy delivered to the plug (this is why they fry the old ignitions, more current=more heat).

Plus you can get a set of coil sticks on ebay for less than a new set of plug wires. I paid $20 incl shipping for my set off a '08 gixxer 600.

I switched mine over for piece of mind. Read a lot of posts of people having cracked coils, and decided that switching over to something more updated made sense. Its easier to replace a cop than to dig for an hour to replace one of the front coils.

Back