Why I love riding in the Texas Hill Country

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rusty McNeil

Reaction score
Why I love riding in the Texas Hill Country

Attachments

• hillcountry1.jpg
    hillcountry1.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 24
  • hillcountry4.jpg
    hillcountry4.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 21
  • hillcountry2.jpg
    hillcountry2.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 100_2297.jpg
    100_2297.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Might pretty photographs. Is that river pronounced "noo-eecys" or "noo-acys?"

We've got a real pretty little stretch of RT. 65 here that runs along the Maumee River between some small river towns. Lots of ups and downs and sweeping curves. It'll be thick with bikers today--temp is supposed to be about 50. Max and I will be spending some quality time together for the last few hours of 2006.

The best to you in the new year.

Chris.

I agree, looks like a great riding area. Out of curiosity, do you know of a place called The Colony. In Texas somewhere, I know it's a big state I've been there, in the Fort-worth area. I was just asking, I have a friend I grew up with living there, at least that was his last address that I know of.

Anyway nice pic wfcall. You wouldn't want me to take any - not allot of snow, but then it doesn't take much.

Maximum said:
Might pretty photographs. Is that river pronounced "noo-eecys" or "noo-acys?"

We've got a real pretty little stretch of RT. 65 here that runs along the Maumee River between some small river towns. Lots of ups and downs and sweeping curves. It'll be thick with bikers today--temp is supposed to be about 50. Max and I will be spending some quality time together for the last few hours of 2006.

The best to you in the new year.

Chris.

New-ace-ses
emphasis on ace

Robbarrie said:
I agree, looks like a great riding area. Out of curiosity, do you know of a place called The Colony. In Texas somewhere, I know it's a big state I've been there, in the Fort-worth area. I was just asking, I have a friend I grew up with living there, at least that was his last address that I know of.

Anyway nice pic wfcall. You wouldn't want me to take any - not allot of snow, but then it doesn't take much.

Not familiar with the Colony but there are pobably a thousand developments named that if I had to guess.....

wfcall said:
Not familiar with the Colony but there are pobably a thousand developments named that if I had to guess.....
It's north of the Metroplex (Dallas Ft Worth quite a ways too. From Plano it's about a 30-34 minute drive straight up Preston Rd.

Texas Hill Counrty ... = THC . Isnt there a band named Sean Reefer and the Resin Valley boys that sign I need some THC a little Texas Hill COunrty. LOL I remeber that song.

Those are some nice shots. I need to get some pics of a few of my local and not so local twisties and put them up here.

Maybe we should make a twisties thread fill of pics of the badest twisties our area has to offer.

However, the N Carolina and Eastern Tenn folks don't count as they have the Dragon in the back yard and we've all seen those already.

Calimus said:
Those are some nice shots. I need to get some pics of a few of my local and not so local twisties and put them up here.

Maybe we should make a twisties thread fill of pics of the badest twisties our area has to offer.

However, the N Carolina and Eastern Tenn folks don't count as they have the Dragon in the back yard and we've all seen those already.
lol coromandle penninsula.
Follow SH2 all the way up from Tauranga zoomed in fairly close, to Waihi then SH25 till the turn off north of Whangamata(SH25A) over to Kopu then SH25 again all the way back around the map is not exagerating those twisties.

5 hours of pure motorcycling bliss.

I got a map book for christmas year before last, top 100 rides around New Zealand, this one got first place.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back