Why so many Vmax's for sale

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My EX wife gave me a choice, her or my motorcycle. I did what I did for my one true love. Once in a while I miss Cindy.
Steve-o
Me and my ex been done for 25+ years.She talked me into a lot of crazy shit.including me moving to maryland.Dont miss her at all.Do feel sorry for her husband.Keeping mine. Had a few bugs.Speed wobble.Scared the Dogsh!t outta me!!!Starter problems.Low charging.Helluva crash!!!I lost some hide it lost some paint and parts.Fixed it as best i could.Been a good bike.3yrs 9000+miles.:clapping:

Been kinda noticing seems to be more Vmax's for sale than usual. Not sure if it's just coincidental or what. Sure you can get faster bikes nowadays but not one of them has one tenth the personality of the Mighty Max. I was a good 500 yards away from one yesterday and it wasnt the scoops ( they were painted to match) or the blue with silver flames but I just happened to notice the motor and it had a harsh sound not the harley rumble but a more pissed off raspy tone. Then about a mile down the road I came up on it and then saw, yep, it was a Vmax but the rider wasn't wearing a helmet. That kinda threw me cause personally I like to breathe and don't like eating bugs. Oh yea, kinda wanna LIVE!! But hey that's just me, I have kids. I guess some people don't get it. It's not just a bike that you sell at the first sign of financial trouble or wanting something faster. Its A Vmax! Either you get it and keep it for life or you don't. But I guess that's just my opinion.

If I was incapable of riding it any longer, I`d prefer to sell it and see it ridden than to watch it rust away...

I've got mine where it fits me and my riding style well. I can go gas milage with the Venture pumpkin, or put the Vmax Diff back in for fooling around. The height and handling is where I want it. So, why anything else for me?
My brother gives me shit about having to fiddle around with my bike all the time, which I enjoy. Fiddlng is installing a Venture pumpkin or tuning? The upper crust BMW rider has run out of gas more times than I can remember because of his fauly sender that he doesn't want to pay to have the BMW dealer fix. All his injection issues cost more than all my mods. I was over drilling a stripped oil drain plug from the kings chariot not to long ago...lol And, he hates that I hand him his ass in a roll on at low speed, with my non sufisticated 23 year old bike. I'd not trade him even and he knows it. Let him wiz by at top end. I know MY bikes limitations. And they are less and less.
Steve-o

At the end of the day the Tilting Motor Works Group didnt do a production V-max model although they did a Trike land speed record on Bonneville with their built up max. At the moment they have advertised on their site several models of Harley Davidson.

Apart from the fact I didn't like the look of the Tilting either in appearance or anticipated function the way it was built engineering wise I would be grateful to know of any other Trike threads and especially trike kits from anywhere in the world for the V-max as thats what I want to get me riding again with degenerative muscular and skeletal condition.

The Spyder is no good with its static position the lateral forces are to high and drain me too quickly I want a Trike that rides like a bike and in fact if my local roads authority will let me and they have indicated that they will I want to have a Quadracycle conversion than a trike as its got more stability as a straight line (even if its two straight lines) balancing machine.

Cheers :ummm::ummm:

Years ago, one of my firefighter friends who is methodical about maintaining everything he owns, and who has owned many bikes over the years, 750's cc+, asked me to ride a ZX-10 he was considering buying.

I met him at the bike owner's place, and took it for a spin. At the time, the ZX-10 was about the fastest stock bike there was. I caned it good, ran it to redline in the first 3 gears repeatedly to check the tranny, got the front wheel wagging in the breeze, panic-stopped, and generally gave it an enthusiastic ride. I brought it back, and gave him a 'thumbs-up,' and he bought it on the spot.

Afterwards, he harrangued me about beating on his bike, and I told him, "it wasn't yours then." Evidently, he listened to me and the exhaust note as I ran around the area, as-far as he could hear, and he heard the tires and exhaust as I burned a bit of rubber.

This guy is now retired from the fire service, and after having a new Sportster and a couple other new Big Twins, decided to buy a new trike and he did, from the local H-D dealer. He lives in Pt. St. Lucie FL. He loves the bike, and he says his wife is more comfortable on it, and he doesn't have to worry about his footing at a stoplight. He's a bit shorter than the mean, and as he is older, but still in great shape for his age, he decided that he wanted the stablilty of being on a trike.

So, if a trike is what you can ride then get a trike. There are many companies that sell kits to convert mostly H-D's into trikes, and maybe there are some VMax kits avail. I would rather have a 120 h.p. liquid cooled bike than a 65 h.p. air-cooled bike, if it was gonna be a trike. Something to consider.:punk:

http://thekneeslider.com/archives/2007/11/20/tilting-v-max-trike-by-tilting-motor-works/

tiltmax.jpg

tiltmax4.jpg

Get in touch with Taylormade. They make vmax trike kits and have even built a quadmax.

http://www.taylormade-wheels.co.uk/trike.php

At the end of the day the Tilting Motor Works Group didnt do a production V-max model although they did a Trike land speed record on Bonneville with their built up max. At the moment they have advertised on their site several models of Harley Davidson.

Apart from the fact I didn't like the look of the Tilting either in appearance or anticipated function the way it was built engineering wise I would be grateful to know of any other Trike threads and especially trike kits from anywhere in the world for the V-max as thats what I want to get me riding again with degenerative muscular and skeletal condition.

The Spyder is no good with its static position the lateral forces are to high and drain me too quickly I want a Trike that rides like a bike and in fact if my local roads authority will let me and they have indicated that they will I want to have a Quadracycle conversion than a trike as its got more stability as a straight line (even if its two straight lines) balancing machine.

Cheers :ummm::ummm:

Thanks Mike, I have had a bit of a look at Taylormade before because I was aware of their Fat wheel options and fallen in love with them, but for some reason I hadn't found this section on Trikes looking there recently. I had seen their Quad though - very cool.

At this stage though I am looking at a leaning or tilting or countersteering or whatever you know it as, system so that the bike rides with a more neutral lean in which I dont see the Taylor made trikes doing. So it will be more likely a Y shape trike like the Spyder but leaning and the same if I manage to do a quad it will lean like the http://www.wesllcorp.com which seems will never ever be made.

So if anyone has seen a leaning one besides Tilting who I wasn't a fan of and they aren't making into production, I'd like to see that.

Thanks again Mike for a great contribution, I'd love to say was doing a fat tyre model and maybe the best set up for a trike is a fatwheel at the back and a 2 wheel front, I may yet try that out depending on the radius of the rear tyre being satisfactory for cornering. :punk:

Get in touch with Taylormade. They make vmax trike kits and have even built a quadmax.

http://www.taylormade-wheels.co.uk/trike.php

I bought my Max back in 1985. I've gone through a divorce, remarriage, raising a son, buying and paying off a house, and now college. It's been an eventful 27 years. Not once have I ever given a moments thought to selling the VMax!

Amen

Sold my 2006 VMax. She had some nice mods added: solid motor mounts, fork brace, furber-fixed, progressives, Morley Muscle Corbin seat. Handled fine for a cruiser and was problem-free as well but I didn't find it at all comfortable and my back let me know it on anything over 50 miles!

I really liked the power of the Gen-1. Having ridden smaller cruisers and dual-sports I was blown away by its power...until I rode my brother's 'Busa. Frig, we're talking about a whole new level of bad-ass. Getting on the Max after that was a bit of a let-down. I thought the looks of the 'Busa were good and it stood out from other sportbikes (not a look for everyone, for sure). Plus, it was surprisingly comfortable! My back didn't throb after 50 miles.

I think sportbikes have the same fundamental look and profile today just like cruisers (including the VMax) had the same general look and profile back in the 80's. Of course, those VMax scoops really do make a unique styling statement.

Blaine

I bought my Max back in 1985. I've gone through a divorce, remarriage, raising a son, buying and paying off a house, and now college. It's been an eventful 27 years. Not once have I ever given a moments thought to selling the VMax!

I'd sell the Roadstar in a heartbeat, and Kathy's Burgman 400 just as fast, but the Max stays till I die.

BILL - what‘s the Dyno read on that Schwinn ? 😎

OK TEAM WAS HAVING GREAT WEEKEND AT BIKETOBERFEST 130 MPH 1 MINUTE BARLEY 30MPH NXT JUST COULDNT GET GAS NO THROTLE PUTTERING STALING I JUST DONT KNOW WAS RUNNING AWESOME ?? ANY IDEAS THK YOU

I'd check the fuel filter for obstruction, and the fuel pump for output. The fuel tank vent for being clear. Then drain 1 at a t a time, the float bowls, to check for water, contaminants, and fuel flow. Leave a bowl drain open, turn on the ignition, and for say 10-15 seconds, or until the fuel pump stops, measure the volume. Do each, and compare.

Where the fuel line connects to the fuel filter, disconnect it, and use compressed air to blow into it in the direction of the gas tank. Leave the tank cap off, and listen for bubbling into the tank.

You might have an internally-collapsed gas line. Check for that.

WHATS TURN AROUND ON POSS BAD GAS TO GAS ?? WILL GOOD GAS STRAT RIGHT AWAY OR WILL IT TAKE A TANK OR 2 ? THK YOU

It should be almost immediate if you are able to drain the tank, flush the line, and drain the float bowls. However a dirty tank will continue to throw rust into the carburetors. That needs to be fixed, usually requiring removing the tank to do the job thoroughly.

WELL GOOD THING IS TANK BRAND NEW YOU CAN DROP GUM IN IT GRAB AND STARTS CHEWWING LOL THK YOU FOR INFO

Back