Why such low milage?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blacklightning

Reaction score
Well, I have sold my zzr1200 and should be selling my M109R in a week or so. I am looking at getting a 2nd gen. Vmax, but I have noticed a trend. Most of the Vmax's are sort of low milage. That is what I want when looking at a bike, but is there a reason why the milage is so low on most of these? Are there problems that i should be aware of? I have a tendency to ride about 10k miles or more a year. Would that be a problem? How many people have higher milage 2nd gen. vmax's? Post up your milage if you you have in excess of 10k miles on a gen. 2.

Thanks,

Keith

Fuel mileage on them sucks and they eat through tires like nobody's business lol. So the cost per mile is higher then the other bikes you had. But the fun factor per mile is WAY higher too!

Fuel mileage on them sucks and they eat through tires like nobody's business lol. So the cost per mile is higher then the other bikes you had. But the fun factor per mile is WAY higher too!

All true, although my fuel mileage ranges from 30ish hammering on it to a high of 35 on the highway. Toughest thing is trying to hang onto my license! :biglaugh:

!5000 miles, four rear tires, three front tires , Not the most comfortable bike made , I would guess most Gen two guys are riding right around 100 miles OR LESS at a time , your probably not going to be putting on three hundred miles every weekend..........not even with a set of MAXRELAXERS

!5000 miles, four rear tires, three front tires , Not the most comfortable bike made , I would guess most Gen two guys are riding right around 100 miles OR LESS at a time , your probably not going to be putting on three hundred miles every weekend..........not even with a set of MAXRELAXERS

That is not good to here. I don't do it often, but I thought from my test ride that a 200 mile day every now and then would be fun. It felt more relaxed than my zx14, and a 200 mile day on that was no trouble.

Just an observation, but I recently did 2200 miles in a week, last day was 14 hrs/750 miles home. I bought an Airhawk2 for this trip, and it, along with the Maxrelaxers made all day rides easy. You are forced to stop every 100 miles whether you want to or not, so you do get a break every 90 minutes or so. it's no Goldwing by any stretch of the imagination, but it does make a passable tourer if you can deal with the range...:eusa_dance:

I thought the comfort was just fine but then again I wasn't just on a road going straight for any length of time. Just tearing up the corners in eureka springs. It does that with ease. Even my gen 1 doesn't feel as stable and it's no slouch for handling either.

There are just as many out there with high mileage.....though probably not for sale because the owners like them......thus the high mileage. :)

I see way more low mileage Gen 1 Vmax's for sale actually. See those all the time....a 20 year old bike with 15,000 miles.

You ever look at Harleys for sale? That's where you really see lots of low mileage bikes.

Just typical of bikes in general I think. Some (non-bikers) buy on impulse and then never put the bike to good use. Serious riders will run up lots of miles, keep the bike until it's worn out or unitl they get bored with it then sell and buy something else.

The Gen2 is definitely not a tourer out of the box, all though I know quite a few who use it that way on occasion.

Good info.. what are these max relaxers that you speak of? Finally rid of my other bikes, but want to know all I can before making a final choice.

Gen 1 is pretty comfortable with a few added parts. Several hundred mile days are no problem. Stay out of the gas and the tires will last considerably longer. There are a number of 100,000 to 150,000 mile bikes around but as said those are staying in their owners hands. I don't ride mine all the time because I have 5 other vehicles. Maybe 6 after today.:confused2: Looking at some Mustang GT's and Cobras. Set up right and using non Ethanol Gas, the Vmax is extremely reliable.

My buddy's 2009 Max has 43k miles on it. He rides it daily and loves it. I just sold an '86 with only 6k miles on it. Go figure.

My buddy's 2009 Max has 43k miles on it. He rides it daily and loves it. I just sold an '86 with only 6k miles on it. Go figure.

Go figure what? You preparing to buy a Gen II to keep up with your buddy?

I have a 2009 with over 20K miles on it. I think a lot of Gen II owners are scared of the bike's torque and power. It comes on like nothing you're used to. Comfort is no problem when compared to other bikes. Also the seat is wide so longer legs are needed to be flatfooted. Only complaint I've ever had is it's weight. It will put smiles on your face. :th_image003:

Well, I have sold my zzr1200 and should be selling my M109R in a week or so. I am looking at getting a 2nd gen. Vmax, but I have noticed a trend. Most of the Vmax's are sort of low milage. That is what I want when looking at a bike, but is there a reason why the milage is so low on most of these? Are there problems that i should be aware of? I have a tendency to ride about 10k miles or more a year. Would that be a problem? How many people have higher milage 2nd gen. vmax's? Post up your milage if you you have in excess of 10k miles on a gen. 2.

Thanks,

Keith

I have a 2010 with 450 miles shortly after I bought it injured my back I did't want to sell it but I can only ride for about 15 mins at a time keep hoping to get well but its not happing while I love it I think I should let someone enjoy this amazing bike

Good info.. what are these max relaxers that you speak of?
They are custom highway pegs developed by TwistedMax himself. Lots of fans of them here on the forum and even more for his custom seats.

Sent from my LG-G3 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back