Wichita, KS Dyno day

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maleko89

Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like it's a go here in Wichita at Mid America Powersports. Any Sunday in July or August should work. Don't pick July 4th weekend though.

Let me know if interested in attending and throw some dates out there!

How about July 19th-20th, or July 26th and 27th? And maybe aug 23rd and 24th? I'm in Lafayette until Friday the 22nd, but Wichita is 4 hrs away from me, so could probably leave early Saturday the 23rd to get there.

Last edited:
Mark, are you going to pick a "ground zero" motel for this event? Wichititti is a big town. Or are we bringing tents and camping out near Derby KS? :biglaugh:

Most any weekend in July should work for us. We are already planning on going to Truett & Osborn in Aug. near there. I might not be able to stomach KS twice in the same month. It took me over 37 years to escape from there. :rofl_200:

Kellie and I are planning on attending....:biglaugh:

The weekend of July 26th and 27th is about the only weekend that does not work out for us. We will be back in the Omaha area for that weekend.

I just need to pick which bike to bring along. Although we have started looking at trailers, so maybe all 3 will come!

Kellie and I are planning on attending....:biglaugh:

The weekend of July 26th and 27th is about the only weekend that does not work out for us. We will be back in the Omaha area for that weekend.

I just need to pick which bike to bring along. Although we have started looking at trailers, so maybe all 3 will come!
Cool! I recommend trailering both! I still need to see what people want to do. Make it a weekend thing where we ride/hang on Saturday or whatever.

How about July 19th-20th, or July 26th and 27th? And maybe aug 23rd and 24th? I'm in Lafayette until Friday the 22nd, but Wichita is 4 hrs away from me, so could probably leave early Saturday the 23rd to get there.
Got those down. I still need to check my event calendar to see if I can attend. I'm thinking August may work best for me but we'll see.

Mark, are you going to pick a "ground zero" motel for this event? Wichititti is a big town. Or are we bringing tents and camping out near Derby KS? :biglaugh:

Most any weekend in July should work for us. We are already planning on going to Truett & Osborn in Aug. near there. I might not be able to stomach KS twice in the same month. It took me over 37 years to escape from there. :rofl_200:

Jim, I'll need Morley's help on that. I've never been to Wichita or Derby so will look for his feedback.

No RV Hook ups but plenty of room out front! I've sent Mark a few options for Hotels in Derby and East Wichita.

No RV Hook ups but plenty of room out front! I've sent Mark a few options for Hotels in Derby and East Wichita.

Here are a couple of hotel options that Sean sent last night.

The dyno facility is about 15-20 miles from me.

There is a nearly new Hampton in Derby which is about 3 miles from me. They are more pricey though.

They also just did some renovations along our east Kellogg (54 highway) in Wichita and the Super 8 is brand new and looks like very good rates. This is about 7-8 miles or so from me and about 1 mile from my Favorite steak restaurant lol!
http://www.super8.com/hotels/kansas/wichita/super-8-wichita-ks/hotel-overview

Although we have started looking at trailers, so maybe all 3 will come!

Trailer hitch on your Gen 1, and pulling the Gen II on a trailer? Or a trailer hitch on the Gen II to pull your Gen 1? :biglaugh:

This Super8 is less than a mile from my sisters' house in Eastborough. She and my Bro-in-law would shit big square bricks if a bunch of billybadassbiker's pulled into their snobbytown driveway. Neighbors would have police on their way before we had time to grab kickstands. The Bro-in-law would probably unload his 9mm through the window before any helmets were removed.

Sean - is there any decent riding to be found SOUTH of Wichita - towards Derby and/or Mulvane and further? I know any riding in Wichita itself is going to be a PITA with heavy traffic.

Is there enough water in your ponds to set up a bath schedule if we all camped out? :biglaugh:

Hidden Lakes Golf Course is about 1500' from my house and with the recent rains the pond at the shop is plenty full lol!

You won't have to deal with the Eastborough peckerwoods with that hotel location for the motel either lol.

There are some roads south and east that I am thinking we will do for the Saturday ride (towards Dexter Ks.). IF we plan it right there are various "breakfast rides" we could do Sunday morning. I haven't done all these rides but here's info:

First Sunday of each Month Cassaoday, Kansas. The Cassaday Breakfast Run was the first and has been going on for over 20 years now. Some summer months will have over 3000 motorcycles and 30 venders show up for the morning.

Second Sunday of each Month Beaumont, Kansas. This is a newer and much smaller run than Cassaday but lots of fun and relaxing. The Historical Beaumont Hotel is a wonderful Bed and Breakfast with a great history. You may see the Airplanes that land on the Grass runway taxi down the street and park beside the over 100 year old wooden water tower. Very Cool! We look forward to seeing you soon!

Third Sunday of each Month Cheney,Kansas. Go to Chaney Kansas on the Third Sunday for Pancake Breakfast sponsored by "Hank Is Wiser Brewery". This run started in 2006 and is growing rapidly to a good size. The towns current population of approximately 1,800 is much larger than Cassaday or Beaumont and has more to do. There is a couple of other places open to eat besides the pancake breakfast including the Asian Restaurant and ice cream shop on main street.

Second Sunday of each Month Burlingame, Kansas - March through October, gather up your gear and significant others and ride over to Burlingame, Kansas for breakfast at Santa Fe Café, on the Santa Fe Trail - (Hwys 56 & 31). Breakfast is served from 7:30 AM to 2:00 PM.

Third Saturday of each Month Marquette, Kansas - Ride over to Marquette, KS for a Biker Breakfast at the Valley Cafe. The Buffet Breakfast is served year round between 8:00 and 11:00 a.m. then lunch from 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. Then after breakfast you could visit the Kansas Motorcycle Museum. Marquette, KS is just off of K-4 Hwy, 14 miles west of I-135 Exit 78. For more information about this event visit ksmm.us and click on "Biker Breakfasts".

Let's pull a Happy Gilmore and find a golf course and bath in one of their ponds....

No. No. I'm allergic to duck & goose shit. I have been known to shower under a cold garden hose before.

Sean, I doubt the recent rains will keep your ponds full clear into the months of July & August. I know how dry KS can get after the 4th of July.

I don't see any issues with that at this time.

We are also thinking to have a cook out dinner Sat evening at our house (or even pizza). PLUS, i'd set up my big screen outside (as in huge screen) and put on Wild Hogs! Would be pretty fun for evening entertainment!

I think we probably won't be able to make it the weekend of Aug 23rd. Like I said before, two weekends in the same month in KS is probably more than I can stomach -Truett & Osborn drags being the weekend prior. And I know Shala won't be able to get two consecutive weekends away from work.

You guys have fun, and if you do it again in 2015, maybe we'll plan for it rather than the Truett/Osborn drags.

Back in the day all the out of towners for the Toy Run corralled up at the Days Inn South...... pretty accessible location. The new Super 8 South looks to be in the same vicinity. If I recall, Mid-America Powersports is smack dab in the middle of town...?? ..... but you don't want to pay the middle of town prices.

Mid America is on the "west side" while I am on the South East side. We will be riding south and east on Saturday.

Was there ever a decision made on the hotel?

Kellie and I are looking to book a room. We're going to be trailering the bikes up from DFW.

Not sure if we will head up on Friday or Saturday morning. For Topeka, we had started riding down on Friday afternoon, then did some area rides on Saturday. Last year was the only year that I can remember being thankful to have a jacket along!

Mark evidently can't get a kitchen pass to do 2 bike events this year:rofl_200:, so I'm not sure who is heading down from Nebraska.

Sound off so that we can get an idea of who / how many are thinking of attending!

Back