Wider rear & stock front?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loghill

Reaction score
I just bought my first vmax, the guy before me really liked doing burnouts and roasted the rear tire before I picked it up. I don’t need to replace both front and rear wondering what will happen going to wider rear with stock front tire?

I've seen a 180 on a stock wheel ,Dave Tavaris had one mounted, if I recollect. But just because you can spoon a tire on doesn't mean it fits correctly. Same for the 120 on the OEM front. It fits, but is made for a wider wheel.

I got a 170/80/15 with a slightly smaller than stock front (100/90/18).
I've heard folks say that the stock size handles corners better, but I've never had the stock size on the rear, so I don't know what I'm missing. ;)
I'm sure you'll be fine.

And, welcome to the forum..

T$

Attachments

• 20190616_164610.jpg
    20190616_164610.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 39
Well, welcome,
Ive been running a 120 up front, I believe it turns heavy, fills up the fender well, not much clearance, I'm going back to OEM 110.

I can get you a wide 17" or 18" custom wheel, direct replacement for stock wheels to allow the use of radials. You can use the front wheel 18" though the width is not optimal for a radial tire. Radials f & r is probably the #1 way I know to improve your handling. Not cheap. P.M. me for Info & prices.

Back