wierd squeaking?!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hey i hear a squeak at low rpms/speed sound like its from under the air cleaner or somewhere up front. i hear it more when im going slow and throttle down some. i dont hear it when i pull in the clutch either. ant ideas?

I am going to take a shot in the dark and say that it is your faux tank cover - make sure that both tabs on the underside of cover are fitting into the slots in the frame section. If not, they tend to squeak.

Mike

thats a good one! it actually makes that coin sound from the game. but anyway ill check the cover, thanks
:biglaugh:

The metal spring prongs that are on the airbox cover tend to squeak where they go into the groves on the frame. I put a piece of electrical tape on the prongs and it stopped the squeaking.

I am going to take a shot in the dark and say that it is your faux tank cover - make sure that both tabs on the underside of cover are fitting into the slots in the frame section. If not, they tend to squeak.

Mike
YES , THIS IS WHAT IT IS ! MINE DID THE SAME THING WHEN IT WAS BRANDNEW ! BOTH TABS WERE'NT GOING INTO THE SLOTS & HAD TO BE TWEAKED ! JUST BE CAREFULL DOING IT ! :punk:

Or your speedo cable or speedo head could be a little dry, and whining.
(I have had that)

Back