Wife rode the max for the first time today.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DakRatFink

Reaction score
My wife has been out of the saddle for a couple years now. Well, long story short, after a couple of hundred miles on the pillion today she took the Max for a spin around the residential streets around base.
I asked her what she thought of her solo ride and she said that she half wanted to take it off base and go faster but didn't think that was a good idea through housing :punk:.

My wife has been out of the saddle for a couple years now. Well, long story short, after a couple of hundred miles on the pillion today she took the Max for a spin around the residential streets around base.
I asked her what she thought of her solo ride and she said that she half wanted to take it off base and go faster but didn't think that was a good idea through housing :punk:.

cool! Stacie hasn't shown any interest in piloting the VMAX, its a little heavy for her but i think she could do it if she wanted.

Isn't there an old runway nearby where you could point her one way, and turn her loose w/o LEO worries?

You made a mistake that is how my 85 got stold from me & I have to call it hers now.LOL

My wife sat on Rick Nash's (?) beautiful Gen II while at the Eureka Springs rally this spring, and now rambles on about adding one to our collection FOR HER to ride. :rofl_200:

I might start talking serious with her, find her a deal, and add one to the garage. Then I could ride it to work occasionally when/if she ain't riding it. :biglaugh:

(I ain't giving up my 85! NOPE! Not happening.)

Isn't there an old runway nearby where you could point her one way, and turn her loose w/o LEO worries?

That's pretty much any road outside of town here in North Dakota.

It was just late and after all day on the pillion she was too tired to take it off base.
That, and it WAS her first time riding in over two years. While she wasn't afraid of the Max, she does respect it and know her limits.

She really has her eye on a KLR650 for going back and forth to school.

Oh, and I just got corrected. She pointed out it has been more like 6 years since she has ridden, not just "over 2 " :)

Women who ride VMax's are automatically Sexy.....

Well I won't argue that she is sexy
And Update to the update. She decided on a KLX250 Dual sport. She loves it

Well I won't argue that she is sexy
And Update to the update. She decided on a KLX250 Dual sport. She loves it

Nice bike the little KLX. Kind of choked up and lean in stock form though. Install the KDX air snorkel, Dyno-Jet kit and drill the first two baffles at the rear of the exhaust.

Wakes the little bike right up, and adds what feels like 75cc for very little money.

I love mine for ripping up dirt/gravel roads and trails. Its not as much fun as my old dual-sport converted CR500, But its road legal and easier to ride all day.

Regards,
R

Is that snorkel an aftermarket part or a swap off another model? The dyno-jet and Moose jet kit are both about the same price mixed reviews on which is better, if there is any difference at all.
I also see there are quite a few pipes out there for them, but if drilling a couple baffles out of the stock exhaust is an easy enough mod I may save a couple hundred there.

Right now it is still in the break in stage so no mods yet. Plus whatever mods are done will have to have Her blessing, since it is Her bike :)

The couple of times she has let me take it out it is a fun little bike to ride. I am very glad we have it in our garage.

Is that snorkel an aftermarket part or a swap off another model? The dyno-jet and Moose jet kit are both about the same price mixed reviews on which is better, if there is any difference at all.
I also see there are quite a few pipes out there for them, but if drilling a couple baffles out of the stock exhaust is an easy enough mod I may save a couple hundred there.

Right now it is still in the break in stage so no mods yet. Plus whatever mods are done will have to have Her blessing, since it is Her bike :)

The couple of times she has let me take it out it is a fun little bike to ride. I am very glad we have it in our garage.

I dont have any experience with the Moose kit myself. Most of the guys at the kawasaki/KLX forums seem to like the DynoJet 2152 kit. The Snorkel is simply a stock KDX snorkel that flows more air(pic attached). p/n 14073-1577.

I stuck with the stock pipe, as I 'm not trying to make a power monster out of the little 250 myself. But Yes you can also go with a aftermarket exhaust and header for a little more power. you simply have to jet up accordingly.

Most of the guys looking for big power out of this bike have been going with Bill Blue's 351cc kits.

My tune just for your reference:
Altitude aprox 1000'
Stock Pipe with first two baffles drilled out with 1/2" bit
KDX air snorkel
Dynojet 2152 Kit
DJ124 main
clip on third slot from the top of the needle
Air screw at 3 turns out

Starts easier, warms up quickly and pulls harder in every gear. 6th gear is actually usable in the hill country at highway speed now :)

PM me with any other questions I may be able to help you with.
Regards,
R

Attachments

• Kawasaki KLX KDX Snorkels.jpg
    Kawasaki KLX KDX Snorkels.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 2

Latest posts

Back