Wild Bill Goes Down At Texas Mile

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackmax98

Reaction score
Posting this up for any here that would like to help Our friend Bill out

Received this from Bill's sponsorship coordinator;

This weekend at the Texas Mile, Bill Warner had a recorded time of 236 mph. This is a brand new track for the Texas Mile at an airstrip known as Beeville, and was the first time they are running there.

Unfortunately, at the end of the shutdown, the concrete changes to blacktop. Bill was still under hard braking there and went down. There were also some high winds that may have contributed to the spill.

He is in ICU at a hospital in Texas, with four broken ribs, a collapsed lung, a lacerated liver, abrasions to his left knee and left foot, some broken bones in his left hand that will require surgery, and a possible damaged tendon on the left foot that may require surgery as well.

He should be out of ICU soon, and released from the hospital in a few days.

He is expected to make a full recovery, but is in a lot of pain, and could use a few prayers from everyone.

Our good friend Billy Shoemaker, also a talented racer in his own right, lives nearby, and will put Bill up at his place until he can make it home.

The bike only has damage to the fairings on the left side, and appears to be fine otherwise.

Thanks again to all of you for your support, and please keep Bill in your prayers.

If anyone here would like to help out Bill a collection has been put together and can be done through paypal

This is a copy of the email sent to me from a good friend of Bills just follow the directions Thanx Mark Rooney

I have been contacting some of Bills close friends and fellow racers to help raise funds to help him with his bills the next few months. So far i have raised 3000.00 not a bad start. If you can help out that would be awesome, but if you can't i understand. We have been using paypal so that it can be tracked. I have not told Bill, don't want to hurt his pride, but once it is all collected i think he will appreciate it. Paypal ID [email protected] If you can think of anyone else i may not know can you forward this. Thanks Trillium

Back