will a gen2 motor fit?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rspauldi1

Reaction score
I apologize in advance if this has been covered before But, will a gen2 motor fit in a gen1 frame? Has anyone done this?

yamaha had start all over from scratch when they built the gen 2. they built the engine first, and built the bike around that. would be cool though, but not without some major modding.......it would just be easier and prolly cheaper to buy a gen 2.......... i know i wouldn't mind a gen 2, just a little to pricey right now.

Way too big and complicated. We're building the gen 2 arm for the gen 1 customer and almost done with the conversion. I should have one more like it that we're going to build at some point.

I'm sure Spondon will have a streetfighter frame for the gen2 at some point. That could be pretty nuts.

Thanks for the input guys. I have a 95 with a bad motor and I saw a gen2 motor on eBay (looks real clean) for what seems to be a pretty good price. The "what if" wheels started spinning in my mind so I thought I would ask, would be kinda cool if it would work, that's a lot of motor that has fun written all over it .

No and no. Somebody's putting a gen2 swingarm on their gen1, though.

Way too big and complicated. We're building the gen 2 arm for the gen 1 customer and almost done with the conversion. I should have one more like it that we're going to build at some point.

Is there a thread for this? I would LOVE to see how this is being done!

Latest posts

Back