Will these fit?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You will probably need the bushing kit so hopefully he has all the bushings that come with them. Otherwise you'll have to buy those too. The 440's are discontinued and I sell the black 444's for $475 shipped in the U.S. (more to Canada).

Sean

You will probably need the bushing kit so hopefully he has all the bushings that come with them. Otherwise you'll have to buy those too. The 440's are discontinued and I sell the black 444's for $475 shipped in the U.S. (more to Canada).

Sean

If you have the ability.....get the 444's. I lucked into a set, I could definitely tell the difference vs the 418's that I had.

Another important aspect of those 440 shocks is what spring rate is on the shock? It should be written on the springs such as: 115/ 155. I will get the .pdf for the 440 series once I get home, since I wanted to do some research for my 440's as well.
I bought my 440's with the HD spring on it but I found it a little to stiff so I bought a standard rate spring which works great with a light tail bag on it. I plan on doing some longer trips so will be hauling my camp gear so I'm want to find a spring that in-between the two I have.
By the way, the 440 has IAS technology in it's design which is the same theory of operation as Ricor uses in their fork valving kit for the Vmax(Also have Progressive fork springs). I have been very pleased with the performance of my suspension thus far.
EDIT: The Ricor valves are on sale ATM for $180.00

Another important aspect of those 440 shocks is what spring rate is on the shock? It should be written on the springs such as: 115/ 155. I will get the .pdf for the 440 series once I get home, since I wanted to do some research for my 440's as well.
I bought my 440's with the HD spring on it but I found it a little to stiff so I bought a standard rate spring which works great with a light tail bag on it. I plan on doing some longer trips so will be hauling my camp gear so I'm want to find a spring that in-between the two I have.
By the way, the 440 has IAS technology in it's design which is the same theory of operation as Ricor uses in their fork valving kit for the Vmax(Also have Progressive fork springs). I have been very pleased with the performance of my suspension thus far.
EDIT: The Ricor valves are on sale ATM for $180.00

Could you tell an improvement with the RICORS.....and did you just cut the spacer the amount (length) of the RICORS?

The bushing kit that is being referred to: are they the bushings inside the bolt holes or the bushings that center the shocks between the mounting brackets? (2 up top and one on bottom) I will ask the seller as to the spring rate number. Redbone, when you come across the number for the Vmax could you please post it on this thread so I can compare the two. Thanks again folks.

Will

Just talked with the guy selling them, spring rate is 120/170 , would those be HD then or not? I weigh around 230lbs. Would they be strong enough.

Could you tell an improvement with the RICORS.....and did you just cut the spacer the amount (length) of the RICORS?
I did cut the spacer I think about 1/2 the length of the spacer. I have since added 3/8" back in a new spacer since I have the adjustable fork caps from Sean. With the old spacer I had the adjuster screwed all the way in. I would guess that the spacer is only about 1/4" to 3/8" shorter than the stock spacer.
My springs are:
HD Part # 1365-20 B/30 Spring rate = 120/170
Std Part # 1368-20 B/30 Spring Rate = 105/150
They are progressively wound springs and a numbers are expressed in lbs per in.
Here is the Progressive Spring rate chart: http://www.progressivesuspension.com/pdfs/7100-105.pdf
Go to page 22 for the springs and the specs on the 444, which replaced the 440. But it looks like they use the same springs/ rates.

I did cut the spacer I think about 1/2 the length of the spacer. I have since added 3/8" back in a new spacer since I have the adjustable fork caps from Sean. With the old spacer I had the adjuster screwed all the way in. I would guess that the spacer is only about 1/4" to 3/8" shorter than the stock spacer.
My springs are:
HD Part # 1365-20 B/30 Spring rate = 120/170
Std Part # 1368-20 B/30 Spring Rate = 105/150
They are progressively wound springs and a numbers are expressed in lbs per in.
Here is the Progressive Spring rate chart: http://www.progressivesuspension.com/pdfs/7100-105.pdf
Go to page 22 for the springs and the specs on the 444, which replaced the 440. But it looks like they use the same springs/ rates.

These are the 120/170 so HD. So will these fit the Max or are they strictly for the Vrod, my thought is 13" will fit but are they set up differently due to the weight differences between the Max and the Vrod? I don't want to buy them in hopes that they fit but will consider it if they will definitely fit. thanks again.

Will

The important dimension is the 13" length, and getting the spacers to fit the Vmax. Springs can be purchased for $75 and can be changed easy enough with proper tools like this: Spring Compressor
If you have a great price on the shocks I would go with them, as you can change the springs for cheap if you need to. My shocks were actually for a Suzuki Intruder (if I remember correctly) but the specs were so close to the Vmax's that it was a deal I could not pass up at $127 delivered. A great deal when you consider that to buy new would have cost me $500 normally.

Latest posts

Back