Will these work ?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharky

Reaction score
Due to my carbon airbox not fitting stock frame I wondered if my twin xjr filters would work ok ?
Dont see why not myself..have to use catchcan for breather pupe but thats about it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-06-21-14-43-28-1.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-06-21-14-43-28-1.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 19
I don't see why not as long as the boots are spaced correctly for the carbs.
And obviously you'll need the air restrictors that come with a Stage 7 kit for use with the pod filters.

Hardest part about using the twin filter is getting one that has the correct spacing. That's why the regular stage seven pods work well. But, as mentioned you need to use the stage seven air correctors.

Having said that performance will suffer if you don't have the full header (which I think you have anyway).

Cheers guys...
Decided to go for the airbox with big filter ala morley muscle kit.
I can get an airbox cheap from a mate down under.
Plus it will be easier to set up I'm thinkin.

I have the morley muscle jet kit...does that include the stage 7 air correctors mentioned above ?
I can make new base plates to correct the spaceing on the boots so no prob there.
Plus they'll be easier to fit...but will they work well and be relatively easy to tune ?
Certainly be easier putting carbs on and off whilst jetting.

Due to my carbon airbox not fitting stock frame I wondered if my twin xjr filters would work ok ?
Dont see why not myself..have to use catchcan for breather pupe but thats about it.

That is a K&N RU 2292 which I have tried before and will not fit for not only spacing is off but hard to see they are oval.

I'm going to make up a mdf plate to see if I can make them fit...put 2 holes in at correct spacing and use stock airbox rubbers as the link.
If it works Ill'use 3mm ali plate.
Carb vent tubes can go in tops of filters and a puke tank for the breathers.

Cheers Sean (and thanks for the email reply).
Filters cant be modified enough to work.
So I've modified the carbon airbox instead.

The filter airbox lid is sweet, I have not done dyno testing but I'm not sure how much more you would need for a 1200cc mill. I know the MF really breathes, you can make one or take the easy out as I did and buy one from Morleys with the air correctors.

Latest posts

Back