wind burn

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowpoke

Reaction score
here in a few weeks ill be making a trip down to sw texas on the max. it just dawned on me about how warm its been down there and was curious what you all do to protect yoruselves from wind burn?

a helment might work:rofl_200: or a big ol windshield:biglaugh:

just suggestions mind u...

im not tryin 2 b a smartass:punk:

honestly im more curious about the arms.ill have a helmet and pants on but in 105 - 110 degree heat i really dont want to wear long sleeves if i dont have to. i dont have access to a windsheild either

maybe get one of those heat gear under armour shirts so u can wear longsleeves?

Hi,
I use a Joe Rocket "Pheonix" jacket. Very breathable. If it's realy that hot try this.
soak a t-shirt in water and wear it under the breathable jacket mentioned above----- you'll be cold for 10 or 15 minutes.
Lew

I have a collection of long sleeve cotton t-shirts with pockets that I use here in Texas year around. Ordered a bunch in different colors from JC Penny's mail order. Is really cooler than bare arms since you don't have direct sun on your arms. Same principle as the full body robes the middle eastern desert dwellers use. Also wear perforated gloves and full coverage helmet. About the only exposed skin is the back of my neck which usually gets sunburned as I always forget to use sunscreen on it. :bang head:

I wear my military BDU top on long, hot trips. Lets air through, helps w/ the heat/ sun and wind, plus cushions the smacks from the bigger bugs. Dunno 'bout bird blows. Came close to find'n out a few times. Seems like there's nothin quicker than a tweety flying past your helmet at 80+.

The sun is a real problem here in Oz. I always wear a denim jacket in the heat. A bit warm, but helps against heatstroke.

Back