Wind Screens

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FootNote

Reaction score
Alright. My vanity is fighting my practicality.

I am going to be riding my Vmax a lot back and forth to work, which is about a good 45 minute drive one way.

I am really looking at getting a windscreen but have never used one before so am not sure how effective they really are. That being said you have the larger ones and then smaller ones. Do the smaller ones do much good at all?

(when I say smaller, I am talking about the ones that look like they come off of sport bikes)

That all being said, any recomondations of good windscreens that still look good?

the oem windscreen is small but it is somewhat effective..it keeps the wind off my chest so i dont feel like im being pushed backwards.i like it,im sure the bigger the better but i personally dont like the look of a larger one on the max but to each their own..and i ride about 5000 to 6000 miles a year on it

These bikes both have Memphis Shades Classic Deuce windshields. They block the wind well and look pretty good in my opinion.

If you like them shoot me a PM, I have one for sale.

Attachments

• 100_1905.jpg
    100_1905.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 68
I tried the bigger one and did not like it, I got a lot of buffeting behind it and could not keep a pack of smokes in my shirt pocket, so I got the small oem windscreen and like it.

I run Sport Shields on everything. They actually have helped the bikes handle better at extreme speeds. Puts a slight downward force on the front end. Wind hits mid face. Gives protection from birds to the chest. That happened to me once without a windshield...

Not this exact one but this style:http://www.latus-harley-davidson.com/Sport-Windshield-Kit-Lightly-Smoked-2.htm

Good Luck,

Not a big fan of the larger windscreens on the Max either, my Givi works well and looks good!

I have just recently purchased a smaller windshield myself.If your a taller ride rlike myself ( 6'03) it works well for wind off your chest and like others have said looks good. I ride with a full face helmet and have noticed the breeze is perfect for a cooling affect with the vents open on a hot day. There was a thread on this forum that has a lot of rider input including pictures of my shield on my Max. Lets see if I can link the thread and the place where I had purchased mine. http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=7844 also here is the link where I had Purchased mine http://motors.shop.ebay.com/american24store/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25. Hope this helps. My bike is pictured in the 12th or 13th page idon't remember

I have an oem bug catcher (small) screen. At 6ft it seems that the bubble of protection ends about neck level as my noise level goes up when i have it on and when following closely behind someone I feel the wind buffeting my full face helmet. On the other hand it does make longer commutes less fagtuiging(sp?) then without. I don't have experience with the larger ones; I just can't find it in me to tarnish the looks like that:rofl_200:

My old flyscreen helped with the wind on my chest. I removed it cause I went with a different look, and it didn't really mesh with the new headlights.

I don't miss it, I like the wind and the noise and what-not. to me it adds to the riding.

Attachments

• Image111.jpg
    Image111.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 32
  • Sdc10446.jpg
    Sdc10446.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 30
  • Outside 1.jpg
    Outside 1.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 25
I have the memphis shades deuce, like Dannys. Love it. No helmet, not much wind or noise. You will have to relocate the turn signals with some aftermarket fork clamps, or make some homemade extensions. It does change the look of the bike a little, but its function is worth it, IMO.

I run the small Givi windscreen. Not a lot of protection, but it creates a pocket for the upper body that ends about chin to mid face for me. 5'10"

I run the small Givi windscreen. Not a lot of protection, but it creates a pocket for the upper body that ends about chin to mid face for me. 5'10"
+1, I have been running a Givi for the last 3 seasons and have the same results. I'm 6' and the wind hits the chin on my helmet but I have a lowered seat and drag bars. I'm going to try a similar windshield this year and hope it has about the same coverage.

Back