Windscreen

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dean-uk

Reaction score
I just put a bigger headlight on my VMAX but I want to use the a windscreen and it doesn't fit the circumference of the light does anybody know of any aftermarket third party windscreens or covers that fit bigger lights.

Can't because the circumference of the headlight is bigger and doesn't match the arc of the aluminium piece that holds windscreen in place.

^^^^ I was going to suggest the same.

Not sure which screen you have but mine is smoked perspex with a stainless steel frame, 4 black plastic bolts holding them together.

If the metal frame cannot be reshaped, then a new one could be fabricated, using aluminium would be much easier than stainless steel.

Make a card template first then start on the metal, mine has a simple curve - use a drain pipe or bucket to fold against for the curve, then lots of filing.

Mine had a cut out "Vmax" text so I wouldn't be able to replicate that.

The screen could be remade, I've not worked much with perspex /lexan/plastic but it can be shaped using heat - there's bound to be lots of tutorials on YouTube

Here's some pictures

Attachments

• 20221013_132539.jpg
    8.5 MB · Views: 1
  • 20221013_132546.jpg
    13.5 MB · Views: 1
Interesting, that looks to be a chunky piece of Al alloy, up to now the ones I've seen have been formed from sheet metal.

Potentially you could file the sides at bottom so the curve matches the lamp better but would need to take some metal off the top to keep the same thickness. There is potential to mess it up so maybe better off selling it.

The side mountings could be made from some metal and attached, won't particularly look pretty but be functional.

Mine is like the one below, sheet metal with screen held on with bolts so you could make something that would fit.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221014-200510.jpg
    Screenshot_20221014-200510.jpg
    472.2 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back