• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Parts Wanted Windshield

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both Yamaha OEM accessory and GIVI aftermarket are available. They are similarly-sized and if you want a different height acrylic screen or a tinted-color one, contact Guffstasson in Florida in St. Augustine. Yamaha V-Max Windshield – Gustafsson Plastics (bikescreen.com) I have bought their products multiple times and am satisfied.

Last edited:
Typically $150 is what I ask for an OEM flyscreen. They aren't easy to come by anymore though there are some cheaper knock off's available. I might have an OEM on hand.

Here's one that came on my 92' parts bike. OEM by Yamaha. Didn't know there was such a thing. Always though vmax only had the mini one. Repaired it and swapped out the Puig one on my 85' and I really like the look. It's a perfect bolt-on for the vMax Gen 1.P1170001.JPGP1170002.JPGP1170003.JPG

How much are you wanting for it and where are you located ? Not really what I want but I might put it on for a bit if the price is right.
Thanks
I've decided not to sell it. Just thought I'd mention it. I like it's look on my 85' gen 1. I now have 2 other windsheilds. One that came with the 83 v65 Magna parts bike and I'll be moving that to my 85 magna. The one I have left was on my 85 vmax and I had to do a lot of Fabbing to get it on. It's a Puig and bolts to the side of the head light. Had to change to an 8" Headlight and added fork mounts for it. Did that to both my vMaxs. Don't care for the snub nosed OEM head light. And a 3rd the price of the MiniShield.
Pictured below is the 85' 1st and the 89' 2nd with the setups.

P8160001.JPG1989 Yamaha Vmax Complete 001.jpg

The OEMs in good condition are getting harder to find . They are mostly for looks or originality , the larger ones actually keep wind off your face / helmet , but aren't as attractive IMHO...

I was able to score a new, unused mini 3 last year. Paid for it but wanted one for a long, long time. It only comes out for the colder months, then back in the box. I prefer the look of the oem instrument cowl though.20201219_182753.jpg20201219_165931.jpg

The OEMs in good condition are getting harder to find . They are mostly for looks or originality , the larger ones actually keep wind off your face / helmet , but aren't as attractive IMHO...
I was actually surprised at how much the little factory one helps out. A buddy of mine that had one on his '85 swopped bikes with me one time for a few miles and it does help cut the wind a good bit.

I just never got around to getting one because shortly after that was when cancer hit me.

I was actually surprised at how much the little factory one helps out. A buddy of mine that had one on his '85 swopped bikes with me one time for a few miles and it does help cut the wind a good bit.

I just never got around to getting one because shortly after that was when cancer hit me.

Got that big " C " t-shirt myself , but with poison treatments 6 years ago , I am currently " C " free.

Latest posts

Back