Windshields for the Max

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slide

Reaction score
Hi fellows, new to the board but not to bikes. Purchased a 2000 a couple of weeks ago equipped with Yamaha's shield. I find the shield too short and not wide enough for long distance (500 mile) rides as it creates far to much turbulence with its upright position. I think Yamaha really screwed up with the mounting system as it does not allow for adjustment and the mount hits the clutch hose banjo. If any of you have mounted larger after market windshields please let me know how well they work and the Make and Model. Thanks.

I also have the small factory fly screen. I must agree about the extra turbulence, but I thik I've just learned to cope with it as it really doesn't bother me anymore.

Aside from that, I keep it mainly for the looks. I haven't found another one (that I would cought up the $$ for) that doesn't look like ass. But thats just me, everyone gets their rocks off on different things.

GL to ya in finding something that works for ya.

I also have the factory "fly screen". I tried one other----- lots of wind noise and buffeting at the helmet. Tried raising, lowering, angling to no avail. Back to the fly screen. It looks much better also.

I'd like to see a windshield designed for the Vmax that looked more like a sport bike windscreen. I'd also like to see them designed so they don't attach to the handlebars but to the frame. I think their is a definite lack of good choices for windscreens for the VMax.:damn angry:

I've got a few windshields available if you are interested. I have the flyscreen which I prefer (mostly due to looks). I have a midsized screen and I even have a huge windsheild.

Later,
Sean Morley

Calimus said:
Pics get clicks. Do you have any pics of them on Vmax's?

You know what the typical small one looks like. I've attached a pic of it and the medium sized one. I don't have pics of the larger one but it's very big.

Attachments

• mini iii.jpg
    mini iii.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 38
  • Flyscreen.jpg
    Flyscreen.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 28
Yea, I've seen the medium one you posted a pic of. It's not in my personal taste.

But hey, thats cool, just cause i don't like it doesn't mean that it isn't exactly what someone else is looking for.

The large one is huge. There are others out there besides the OEM Yamaha shields. You can see a few kinds by going to Tuckerocky.com (click the powersports rider link) and then start looking through the windshields section.

Sean Morley

The shield I have is the mid sized from Yamaha. Too short, not wide enough, non adjustable for angle and causes far too much turbulence. I think I will try to find one from Slipstreamer or Memphis that is abit bigger, about 18" high and about 19" or so wide.

Latest posts

Back