Windshields

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lan1201

Reaction score
Will yall post pics of your windshields that you have put on your bike as well as info on them.

I'll second that question, please guys. Thanks

Not that I can afford it right now but.....still like to see them.

Check Maleko89 in the V4Garage. I have the Yamaha mini windscreen. Works great and doesn't ruin the look like a bigger windshield.

Mark

I have that one as well. I am more interested in a larger one for highway driving. I would just mainly like to see pics of eveyones to get a visual.

heres mine. Since i got a helmet i took it off but im going to put it back on again. I notice without it the wind hitting my body at high speeds wears my short stubby little arms out from hanging on. With the windshield u dont get none of this. It was on the bike when i bought it, the guy told me he got it from jcwhitney

http://www.vmaxforum.net/vbgarage.p...vmaxforum.net/vbgarage.php?do=getimage&id=137

peace

I saw this one on ebay recently and it appealed to me because;

1) It retains the vmax headlight
2) It has a height adjustment of a couple of inches on the upper screen segment.
3) The upper screen segment can be removed, leaving the 'sporty' lower screen.
4) It's transparent enough for the 'naked' look to be retained.
5) It's large enough to negate the wind sock effect created by an upright riding position.

This model is called the 'Up-and-Down'

The second option I like is the Puig 'Ranger'. Its a more sporty look and should still offer good wind deflection.

Both can be found on the BS-motoparts web site found here http://www.bs-motoparts.com/index.php?cPath=517

What are your thoughts?

Attachments

• BS-motoparts.jpg
    BS-motoparts.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 139
  • BS-motoparts Puig Ranger.jpg
    BS-motoparts Puig Ranger.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 94
Do a search for Plexistar II

It fits perfect, is easily removable.......it aint too sporty but for touring duty I refuse to go without it. Take it back off when I get where I'm going.

About $130

later,

Rusty

Anyone have a Ranger (windshield) on a Max ? I'd really like to see this one on a Vmax. Please post a pic or a link. That would be great. :coolgleamA:

Anyone have a Ranger (windshield) on a Max ? I'd really like to see this one on a Vmax. Please post a pic or a link. That would be great. :coolgleamA:

I don't have Ranger windshield, but do have a Memphis Shade Hellcat windshield. It's 18" high X 20" wide. Only problem is I had to relocate signal lights to fork tubes. I like it for the look and it works great. I can't wear a full face helmet (neck problems) and bugs in Northern Ontario are bad in the summer especially at night.

Attachments

• max3.jpg
    max3.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 93
  • max7.jpg
    max7.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 117
I don't have Ranger windshield, but do have a Memphis Shade Hellcat windshield. It's 18" high X 20" wide. Only problem is I had to relocate signal lights to fork tubes. I like it for the look and it works great. I can't wear a full face helmet (neck problems) and bugs in Northern Ontario are bad in the summer especially at night.

Reviving another old thread - here's a look at why I have a windhield on my bike - this is only after 1 hour of riding on highway after dark last night.

Mike

Attachments

• P1010027.jpg
    P1010027.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 77
  • P1010025_edited.jpg
    P1010025_edited.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 99
I really like my Givi Airstars mini windshield so far. No buffeting (125 mph so far), takes the blast off my chest and hits my helmet about mid-visor.
Stable mounting on the turnsignal brackets even though I had to add 1/2" spacers to the mounts to make the brackets work properly.:confused2:

Reviving another old thread - here's a look at why I have a windhield on my bike - this is only after 1 hour of riding on highway after dark last night.

Mike

holy crap!!!

That looks like the last ride I took through the fields around Pecos during cantaloupe season; no way you could do that without a windshield......

Good looking windshield by the way, looks a hell of a lot better without the bugs tho'

Rusty

holy crap!!!

That looks like the last ride I took through the fields around Pecos during cantaloupe season; no way you could do that without a windshield......

Good looking windshield by the way, looks a hell of a lot better without the bugs tho'

Rusty
LOL, that is normal for riding up here, esp at night. I have to clean the leather and helmet after almost any ride due to the bugs. We have a lot of water for bug breeding it seems. Guys that run small windshields learn quick that you need a shield (full face/ half helmet w/ full shield) to protect you from the bugs. I also keep some windex wipes in my tank bag if they get too heavy during a ride.

Last edited:
The one in my avatar is a Spitfire - I bought it at Barnie's in St Pete ( local Yammy- Honda dealer ) - had it on my '86 Shadow & it seemed like a full-size, but on my 'Max it sure looks a lot smaller, but acually it's perfect IMHO - it's a couple inches below my line of vision ,but it sure knocks down a lot of wind - a much more pleasant ride, and only about 50 bucks...

I really like my Givi Airstars mini windshield so far. No buffeting (125 mph so far), takes the blast off my chest and hits my helmet about mid-visor.
Stable mounting on the turnsignal brackets even though I had to add 1/2" spacers to the mounts to make the brackets work properly.:confused2:

my favorite so far. maybe next year when i can afford one. redbone's avatar and sig. are the greatest ones I have ever seen on any forum:eusa_dance::worthy::clapping::punk::drool::thumbs up::cheers::baby::eek:h yeah::th_favorites24::th_image003::eclipsee_gold_cup::th_party39::You_Rock::rockon00:

Latest posts

Back