Windshields

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwardtxusa

Reaction score
Does anybody have a National Deflector on thier Max?
I would like to see a pic if you do.

Thanks
Doug:banana:

I don't know about the Deflector, but I bought a Plexistar 2 for my V-Star. The quality of the shield and the hardware for the $ was exceptional. My one quarrel, and the reason I write, was the way the Plexstar attached at the bottom. They have you use radiator hose clamps to hold the lower supports to the fork tubes. THIS DOES WAS NOT SHOWN IN THE PHOTO THEY USE ON THEIR SITE. I looked at the photo on their site for the Deflector, and I can see no visible means of support at the bottom, so that may be the way they have you attach the Deflector as well. I'd contact them and ask if it would be an issue. For me, I liked the Plexistar enough that I grew to overlook the "cobble-job" look of the clampS. I eventually covered them with some carefully applied electrical tape--cobble upon cobble, but it looked passable.

For my Max, I bought the standard Yami shield, which looks very much like the Deflector. It was about $150, as I remember, and fastens to the bike with supports that use existing bolts--looks great. I will say, however, that since I enjoy riding in the winter anytime the roads permit, I plan to buy a Plexistar 2 for the cold months to shield my hands from the cold blast.

Not what you asked for, but I hope it helps. --Chris.

I've got the Plexistarr II and love it, It fit perfect and does a wonderful job and serves it's purpose.

I hate the way the Max looks with a windshield on it tho' and won't put it on there unless I'm taking a VERY long trip or KNOW I'm going to be riding in the rain. The windshield also eats a lot of horsepower, I can definetly tell the difference in acceleration with it on there.

The bottom clamps are kind of cheap looking like Maximum said but not so horrible I felt like they needed to be covered up.

Rusty

What I'm really looking for is a windshield that kinda has a sportsbike shape, but a little taller and has the ability to adjust the pitch. Would like it to not throw everything at my helment.

I'll check out the plexi's. There is a shop on the other side of the metroplex that has deflector in stock. I will just have to go see how it looks on the bike. I'll take pics and post if I get it.

If anyone else has suggestions fire away.....please:banana:

4gasem,

Just have to ask. Where did you get your avatar?
Good with photoshop or a chick you know?

Here's a few pics of the Max with the new Windshield

Attachments

• IMG_5954.JPG
    IMG_5954.JPG
    18.2 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_5955.JPG
    IMG_5955.JPG
    22.8 KB · Views: 94
Hi D,
Think I've got the same shield and I don't use it any more. I tried different angles and couldn't stop the turbulence. I did have it mounted a good 2" lower than yours though. I have the Yamaha shield
(it is small but works well).
So I may try a higher mount, but I don't like looking through the shield:ummm:
Lew

Its a National Deflector with the medium tent.

If the shop would have had the Deflector DX I would have gotten it because it has mounts that you can remove real easy. (no tools)

I mounted it a little high, the base sits right over the turn signal bars. This alows the angle to be a little more vertical and taller to help with the wind flow on the helment. Yet it still has a tilt to it and is not straight up like the factory windshield. If you drop it in front of the turn signal you have to increasre the angle of the windshield, looks cool, but the wind does chop you tright at the neck.

check out www.nationalcycle.com and select bike and it will take you to all of the windshields that fit the MAX.

Hi D,
Think I've got the same shield and I don't use it any more. I tried different angles and couldn't stop the turbulence. I did have it mounted a good 2" lower than yours though. I have the Yamaha shield
(it is small but works well).
So I may try a higher mount, but I don't like looking through the shield:ummm:
Lew

bought the yamaha shield mini 111...had turbulence problems sounded like i was going 100mph on a side road....redrilled the holes lower gained 2 1/2 in hight knocked the noise down 75 %...next spep im going to ghange the angle of the hardware so the top of the shielf is more upright that just might to the trick to get all the air over the head

bought the yamaha shield mini 111...had turbulence problems sounded like i was going 100mph on a side road....redrilled the holes lower gained 2 1/2 in hight knocked the noise down 75 %...next spep im going to ghange the angle of the hardware so the top of the shielf is more upright that just might to the trick to get all the air over the head
resolved the windshield noise problem took the shield off and i could,nt be happyer ..enjoy the feel of the bike so much more..no more wind noise,,,and the shield wont get me between the eyes when the front end comes up......had a shield for the last twenty years...can believe i love no shield so much....this max is making me very macho :coolgleamA:

Latest posts

Back