windshiled search - instrument cowl

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zoomone

Reaction score
Hello all,
Finaly got my max back from the shop, runing great!
I am looking for a light tinted windshield, I beleive they call it a "boulevard instrument cowl" Does anybody know where I can get one of these? I beleive is the OEM but if I go to star motorcycles I only find the un-tinted one, any ideas? National cycle has a tinted one but I think it looks smaller. Thanks for the help guys!

Attachments

• vmax inst cowl.jpg
    vmax inst cowl.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 34
  • boulevard.jpg
    boulevard.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 52
Hello all,
Finaly got my max back from the shop, runing great!
I am looking for a light tinted windshield, I beleive they call it a "boulevard instrument cowl" Does anybody know where I can get one of these? I beleive is the OEM but if I go to star motorcycles I only find the un-tinted one, any ideas? National cycle has a tinted one but I think it looks smaller. Thanks for the help guys!

The pictures on yamaha's site doesn't show it but it does have a light smoke tint to it as it comes from the factory.

Rob,

in the meantime, I have a spare shield on the spare bike - it's a little higher than the usual fly screen but you're welcome to it until you get what you really want back.

Lemme know if you want it - I'm going to Trampa on Sunday.

Thanks for the responses guys.
I'm leaning towards the one Brian has on Redbone, seems that in fact it is a little bigger it might just do the trick. Do you know if it comes with the hardware? I sent an e-mail to them but it takes a few days to get an answer. thanks again!

Rob,

in the meantime, I have a spare shield on the spare bike - it's a little higher than the usual fly screen but you're welcome to it until you get what you really want back.

Lemme know if you want it - I'm going to Trampa on Sunday.

Thanks G,
But I already ordered one from Mondak. It should be here before Leesburg Bikefest.
Besides I haven't been riding as fast as normal since my crash. I guess my psyche hasn't healed as fast as my knee. Or it could be because that $160 ticket I just paid has really been a deterrent. LOL!

Thanks G,
But I already ordered one from Mondak. It should be here before Leesburg Bikefest.
Besides I haven't been riding as fast as normal since my crash. I guess my psyche hasn't healed as fast as my knee. Or it could be because that $160 ticket I just paid has really been a deterrent. LOL!

No prob. When's that bikefest? I might join you there, even ride with you!

Thanks for the responses guys.
I'm leaning towards the one Brian has on Redbone, seems that in fact it is a little bigger it might just do the trick. Do you know if it comes with the hardware? I sent an e-mail to them but it takes a few days to get an answer. thanks again!
It comes with all the hardware needed. The givi has mounting "ears" fit on the turnsignal stalk. There is a nub on the cover/ support that the turnsignals bolt into that the givi wind screen fits onto to fix it into place. I had to do a bit of reforming on the mounting ears to get them to match up to the correct place on the turn signal stalk. Once you get it fit properly it stays in place and works well. I'm 6' , the seat is lowered 2" and the wind is off my chest and hits mid visor at most normal speeds.

I have the same one. It has the ears that fit on the turn signals and holds up great.
I don`t know what I would without it as I live in dairy land (So. Ontario, Ca.) and flys in the masses are something that we just have to put up with :bang head:so, without it my bike would be a total mess.
I`m lucky that it came on the bike when I bought it.:clapping:
<<Dave>>

Back