Wings and stuff

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

max_caper

Reaction score
Contemplating a trip to Buffalo next weekend with my son...weather permitting. Tentative plan is to get a pound or two of Buffalo's finest wings and take a ride through Letchworth State Park and a loop around Conesus Lake. Any suggestions about nice roads in this area and/or good places to see the Fall colours? Company is always welcome!

Cheers!

Blaine

Franklin Ma is a bit far, for sure! Maybe next year I can plan something a bit closer to your neck of the woods. Always wanted to visit Cape Cod.

Cheers!

Blaine

Stop in Amherst at Duff's. let me know when your going i might meet you for a bite (ca't ride next weekend). Than your going to want to take Sheridan drive until it turns into rt 5, rt 5 out into Batavia,, go through Batavia to 63, than take 63 to 36 to the park or 36 to 39 and back track a little on go in the other end of the park.

I second the Duffs wings. Let me know too, if and when your in the area. Thats about a half hour from me.
Tim

Stop in Amherst at Duff's. let me know when your going i might meet you for a bite (ca't ride next weekend). Than your going to want to take Sheridan drive until it turns into rt 5, rt 5 out into Batavia,, go through Batavia to 63, than take 63 to 36 to the park or 36 to 39 and back track a little on go in the other end of the park.

Hey EvilD! Many thanks for the routing instructions. On my first trip through Buffalo I tried wings at Anchor Bar and then at the Duff's located at 3651 Sheridan Drive. My son and I agreed that Duff's had WAY better wings on that occasion.

My second time for wings in Buffalo was a disappointment...we were on our way back to Canada from a trip to Tennessee and we had enough time to get a quick bite so wings topped my list. My son wanted to try Duff's Famous Wings (Dick Road in Depew) so we headed there and were facing a 2-3 hours of waiting just to get a seat! GPS died so we got back on the superslab without any wings at all.

Definately going back to the Duff's on Sheridan! PM me your telephone number and I'll call you when I'm in your neck of the woods.

Cheers!

Blaine

I second the Duffs wings. Let me know too, if and when your in the area. Thats about a half hour from me.
Tim

Hi Tim! I'll definately let you know when I'm in town. Hopefully I'll arrive at a good time for us all to meet and have some wings. What roads do you like in the nearby area?

Cheers!

Blaine

i might be heading from ontario down through buffalo onwards towards que next week/end praying for the weather to pass by. be a good stop for a bite to eat on route if timing works out with ya or anyone else

I wish I was going to be in town, Its our 24th anniversary and the wife wants outta here. I should be back in town sometime Sunday...I am only 30 miles from your route, If you run into trouble or need anything at all. , give us a call...I will PM number . Ride safe and enjoy dem wings

Hi Tim! I'll definately let you know when I'm in town. Hopefully I'll arrive at a good time for us all to meet and have some wings. What roads do you like in the nearby area?

Cheers!

Blaine

Hi Blaine,
From where I live rt 20a isn't a bad ride. It's a little out of the way from duffs, but there's a lot of hills and windy roads. It's not a high speed road, but a nice ride IMO. You also get up close to some of those huge windmills.
Tim

Contemplating a trip to Buffalo next weekend with my son...weather permitting. Tentative plan is to get a pound or two of Buffalo's finest wings and take a ride through Letchworth State Park and a loop around Conesus Lake. Any suggestions about nice roads in this area and/or good places to see the Fall colours? Company is always welcome!

Cheers!

Blaine

Blaine, are you heading from Oshawa? im heading past there i think monday on route to Tdot area then was thinking heading towards buffalo later in the week. let me know if ya got time to meet up.

I wish I was going to be in town, Its our 24th anniversary and the wife wants outta here. I should be back in town sometime Sunday...I am only 30 miles from your route, If you run into trouble or need anything at all. , give us a call...I will PM number . Ride safe and enjoy dem wings

bro been a while, ya for sure i'll give ya a call, are you close to the 90??? can meet when i gotta fuel up to say hi and all if your around at the end of the week.

Happy Anniversary. 24 years is quite a feat. Just celebrated my 21st!

Cheers!

Blaine

Blaine, are you heading from Oshawa? im heading past there i think monday on route to Tdot area then was thinking heading towards buffalo later in the week. let me know if ya got time to meet up.

I'm off this Monday...it's our Thanksgiving. Would like to meet up for sure. I'll PM you my number.

Cheers!

Blaine

Hi Blaine,
From where I live rt 20a isn't a bad ride. It's a little out of the way from duffs, but there's a lot of hills and windy roads. It's not a high speed road, but a nice ride IMO. You also get up close to some of those huge windmills.
Tim

20a sounds like a good route! When I'm traveling 2-up I usually keep my speed 'close' to posted limits. I'm open to ideas for good routes. If I decide to make it an over-niter I'd appreciate suggestions on a decent/affordable hotel in the area.

Cheers!

Blaine

I'm off this Monday...it's our Thanksgiving. Would like to meet up for sure. I'll PM you my number.

Cheers!

Blaine

i'll give you a call before oshawa, im sure i'll have a fuel stop stop somewhere around there. got to make it into t.o. by 4ish so wont be much of a visit but i am hanging around the area for a few days, be up the 404 at my sisters.

i'll give you a call before oshawa, im sure i'll have a fuel stop stop somewhere around there. got to make it into t.o. by 4ish so wont be much of a visit but i am hanging around the area for a few days, be up the 404 at my sisters.

Sounds good. I'm off today and tomorrow. Weather and time permitting maybe we can meet for a spin. I've been up the 404 a few times to Aurora looking for ex-police interceptors. Once you get north the the cookie cutters it's pretty country.

Blaine

20-A. I live only a few miles south of East Aurora... Weather permitting, I'll see you there. Left you a pm with contact info, or drop me a line here...

Sounds good. I'm off today and tomorrow. Weather and time permitting maybe we can meet for a spin. I've been up the 404 a few times to Aurora looking for ex-police interceptors. Once you get north the the cookie cutters it's pretty country.

Blaine

i'll give you and jim a call, maybe meet up for a cafe somewhere tomorrow, looks like rain in the afternoon.

I Just checked the forcast for the Buffalo area. Saturday is sunny with a high of 52, Sunday is sunny with a high of 59.

Hey EvilD! Many thanks for the routing instructions. On my first trip through Buffalo I tried wings at Anchor Bar and then at the Duff's located at 3651 Sheridan Drive. My son and I agreed that Duff's had WAY better wings on that occasion.

My second time for wings in Buffalo was a disappointment...we were on our way back to Canada from a trip to Tennessee and we had enough time to get a quick bite so wings topped my list. My son wanted to try Duff's Famous Wings (Dick Road in Depew) so we headed there and were facing a 2-3 hours of waiting just to get a seat! GPS died so we got back on the superslab without any wings at all.

Definately going back to the Duff's on Sheridan! PM me your telephone number and I'll call you when I'm in your neck of the woods.

Cheers!

Blaine
The GTA guys can enjoy DUff's without crossing the border. One of my favorite wing joints and they just opened one up in Richmond Hill (just a few minutes from my house). Would love to meet up with other maxheads next spring.

Latest posts

Back