Winter gloves or glove liners?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firefly

Reaction score
In cold weather ( California winters ~ 40* at the most ) what kind of gloves do you guys recommend? I have a Dainese glove , it is warm but offers no protection in case of a spill, can't find a decent winter glove at a fair price, dainese has one with protection for ~$200 which is ridiculous to use only 3 months / year, does anyone use a silk glove liner with regular riding glove? is it warm enough?
Thanks
________
magic flight launch box

Last edited:
I understand that silk liners are very thin compared to cotton or flees.
the price range is $9---$20 that I can live with

Waylander said:
Warm enough yes but makes it a damn tight fit.
________
GL1200A

Last edited:
I have silk ones aswell, still make my gloves much tighter and any more than 4 hours with them on the tips of my fingers start to go numb. But then my normal gloves fit snug as. If your gloves are a bit loose you may have better results.

If the charging system on the VMax didn't suck arse, I'd suggest heated grips as they make a big difference in colder weather. You may be able to get away with it, not sure how much they draw.

My wifes SV came with a set of heated Grips, I'll try to pull the seat this week and do a load test to see how much they draw.

I need to check her air filter anyway so I'll already be in there.

i just wear a tight cotton glove under my regular leather gloves.

And 40 degrees isnt cold!!! :)

Have 3 pair of gloves. One light wt and well vented with mesh on the sides of the fingers. Medium wt with thin insulation. Last, snow mobile gloves, olny used in the coldset weather.
BUT----- they all fit like a -------glove.:eusa_dance:

Latest posts

Back