Winter Projects

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been doing some ATV repair for others lately.

Just wrapped one up. New differential, all wheel bearings, brakes, ball joints, bushings front and rear, engine and trans oil/filter change.

Next one in needs diagnosed. I'm leaning toward a bad fuel pump. Will probably pull the plastics on Friday so i can get to the pump and test it out.

Looking good, Kyle.

I wish I could paint. Heck, I can screw up a black kickstand. Luckily, I have a buddy who is quite talented and gives me VERY generous rates for stuff.
Same here. The only thing I ever painted was an old lawnmower. It actually looked older when I was finished than when I began.

Looking really good, Kyle. I envy people that can do that sort of thing.

Same here. The only thing I ever painted was an old lawnmower. It actually looked older when I was finished than when I began.

A few years back, my grandpa must have had a slow year, the old ferguson tractor changed colors three times in 12 months.

You're preaching to the choir. I couldn't do anything like that. Bad back, neck, knees, arthritis...

I'm a wreck.
I understand my back has been broken in 3 places, had knee surgery 3 times and my neck shoulder are trash. This is my damn shoulder today.

Attachments

• 20181230_094104.jpg
    20181230_094104.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 20

Oh, man, that painting effort comment made me laugh! I know some guys who are like that for their mechanical skills. I wouldn't ride a tricycle they worked-upon!

Kyle I assume you're well-familiar with anti-inflammatories? That's some serious edema. Is it warm to the touch? Sounds like you know what to-do, 'a few days' should probably be more like, 'when it looks like the other side.'

I just threw a new Briggs & Stratton air filter on the little 20" mower I saved from being scrapped, and after the love it got, it's decided to do some work, like a champ. It's not gonna cut-down foot-high St. Augustine, but it's never gonna be asked-to.

Are you replacing the LUV door panels, or is it gonna-be a stripped-out interior? Have you ever-worked with DynaMat, or a similar product? Putting a layer of that in the roof, and on the floor, and in the doors adds some weight, but it really helps the resonant sounds to-be muffled. Even pieces on the floorboards in the footwells, not-completely-covering the floor/rocker panels, and on the roof panel, will knock-down the noise.

Oh, man, that painting effort comment made me laugh! I know some guys who are like that for their mechanical skills. I wouldn't ride a tricycle they worked-upon!

Kyle I assume you're well-familiar with anti-inflammatories? That's some serious edema. Is it warm to the touch? Sounds like you know what to-do, 'a few days' should probably be more like, 'when it looks like the other side.'

I just threw a new Briggs & Stratton air filter on the little 20" mower I saved from being scrapped, and after the love it got, it's decided to do some work, like a champ. It's not gonna cut-down foot-high St. Augustine, but it's never gonna be asked-to.

Are you replacing the LUV door panels, or is it gonna-be a stripped-out interior? Have you ever-worked with DynaMat, or a similar product? Putting a layer of that in the roof, and on the floor, and in the doors adds some weight, but it really helps the resonant sounds to-be muffled. Even pieces on the floorboards in the footwells, not-completely-covering the floor/rocker panels, and on the roof panel, will knock-down the noise.
Dr says nothing is a matter with my shoulder but has never done an MRI blames it all on my neck . The neck doctor says I have 2 different problems

I know about anti-inflammatories but do not have any. I have been to every kind of doctor you can think of & it seems they all pass the blame to the other one. The neck doctor says yes you have a neck problem. I can put a titanium cage in it but it will not fix your shoulder issues which bothers me more than my neck.

The shoulder doctor says it is all coming from my neck you do not have a shoulder problem. He did put me on anti-inflammatories for 2 months & in that time my shoulder never swelled up . A week after I was done with them it was back to this. I was checked for sub clavial steel syndrome which I did not have .

I can not look up for long & I can not raise both arms above my head with out getting dizzy or sometimes passing out. The last Dr I seen I was a neurologist and he says I have a dynamic problem which they can not see in MRI or cat scan because they can't run them with my arms stretched above my head. He just told Christine & I that I was going to have to quit doing any type of mechanic or paint work. It has been a constant run around & has been going on since before I left Florida 6 years ago. I lose about 80% of the feeling in my left arm when my shoulder does this . I have almost given up at this point.

Missed part of the message yes I am putting door panels & a headliner back in the truck . I have worked with dynamat & other thigs similar . I have also used rubberized undercoating to help with sound & it works really well. I already done the under side of the bed with it & am doing both sides of the can floor with & the back wall of the cab.

Back