Winter Riding Questions

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ga_max

Reaction score
Here in Georgia our winters are pretty mild compared to where many of the other members of this forum ride and since I'm planning to not winterize my max I'm wondering what precautions I should take to ensure that mr. max remains happy. I keep it in the garage, have changed all the fluids, add seafoam to the gas regularly and plan to ride it at least once a week (weather permitting) during the winter months. I'll make sure to keep that battery charged and the gas topped off. What other advice can you give me to ensure that come spring mr. max is ready to go.

Thanks,

Doug

Here in Georgia our winters are pretty mild compared to where many of the other members of this forum ride and since I'm planning to not winterize my max I'm wondering what precautions I should take to ensure that mr. max remains happy. I keep it in the garage, have changed all the fluids, add seafoam to the gas regularly and plan to ride it at least once a week (weather permitting) during the winter months. I'll make sure to keep that battery charged and the gas topped off. What other advice can you give me to ensure that come spring mr. max is ready to go.

Thanks,

Doug

You aint much more south than me Doug, and it sounds like you are taking all the right precautions. Here in MO I'll ride as the weather allows. No need for any special treatment here other than a battery tender on our two bikes. I start them both religiously every week, keep the fuel up, warm them fully and no issues. 07 Max and 05 Bonneville.

Chris.

Sounds like you have it covered pretty well Doug. Enjoy the winter riding as us New Yorkers will see the Max's again maybe in 5 months! ....lol

Time to clean the icemaker tray!:biglaugh:

One of my friends, a HVAC contractor, went to a restaurant on the Intracoastal Waterway in Ft. Lauderdale FL to do a service call on their ice maker. It was a vertical model where the water dripped into trays at the top, and then they pinwheeled-down to the bottom, where they would eject into the storage. Whe he pulled off the top cover to check the water feed, the top water dispenser trough was filled with a thick layer of dead flies! The water was percolating through that disgusting mess to fill the trays. He said he almost threw-up, and never ate there again (it was a very popular restaurant)

Avoid any black ice you may encounter.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back